XVI

"Bye guys! I'll see you tomorrow," Allura waved as Shiro went to drive everyone home.

"Thanks for having us!" Pidge waved happily.

"Bye Allura," hunk waved back before closing the car door and Keith got in the front.

She waved while they drove off and had a bright smile on her face going back inside.

There was a door slam and loud laughter coming from lance upstairs as she could hear the two pairs of wings bumping against walls and a moment later lance jumped from the top of the stairs and rolled at the bottom back to his feet. Two seconds later Lotor did the same and was chasing after lance cussing.

"Come on fat boy! I know your faster than that!" Lance opened the door before racing outside and his wings spread wide before taking off. Lotor laughed jumping in the air going after him.

Allura gasped going after the boys as she watched them play around in the air as neither of them had a shirt on and lance circled in the air throwing something high up before Lotor tackled him.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Allura called up to them as lance was able to escape.

"We found a ball?" Lotor said as they landed on the ground. The ball dropped next to them and started to roll down the hill to Allura.

"For all we know Shiro hasn't left yet," Allura picked up the ball frowning.

"We have a bit of energy, you wanna come fly?" Lance smiling rubbing the back of his neck.

Allura pursed her lips remembering her wings have been scrunched against her back for almost 24 hours, but she didn't want to fly, she didn't want to show her wings... she felt more like a freak with liking her wings. She wanted to be normal. She wondered if she could cut her wings-

"I'm good, I'm going to shower, have fun," Allura tossed the ball back to lance who caught it with ease and held the ball to his chest.

"Oh okay, bye," lance mumbled disappointed and Lotors face dropped back to a calm serious expression seeing her go back inside.

"Come on," Lotor muttered and went to take off in the sky again. Lance turned and went to follow.

Lance flew higher above Lotor as he enjoyed the wind in his face, it was colder in the air but it felt comfortable to the avians.

"I'm worried about Allura," Lotor spoke up finally moving closer to lance.

"About her with the humans?" Lance looked over at him. He nodded.

"She yearns to be normal, always has, she's different than us," Lotor explained and lance held the ball in his hands as they flew.

"She has a dad," he nodded quietly, Lotor looked at him but agreed.

"Her and shiros stories are similar in that way, we were born from test tubes, she was birthed from a mother," Lotor tsked shaking his head.

"But your parents..." lance pursed his lips but Lotor kept his eyes down.

"Honerva was my mother but she did not birth me, she and my father created me with their dna in a test tube still," Lotor rolled his eyes. "But Alluras father was willing to be a father to his avian child,"

Lance got quiet and flew down to go land on a thick branch in the forest, he rubbed his face inhaling a shaky breath when Lotor was trying to find him.

"What?" Lotor landed on the ground and looked up at lance from the ground.

"I need a minute," lance told him sitting down.

"Like we all grew up with the experiments, we grew up in Damn cages, but she frustrates me and I'm probably selfish cause she had a bedroom! Alfor had a whole bedroom and bathroom for her in the labs but she-she-" lance couldn't focus on making words as he gripped his hair trying his best.

Lotor stayed quiet as he looked at the numbers permanently marked on his body.

They never talked about it but Allura didn't suffer as much as they did. Alfor treated her like a real child, she was never forced to run till she threw up, never had to fight till she was unconscious or strapped to a table. She got to read and be studied behind glass like at a zoo but never had violent experiments tested on her.

Lotor remembered one of the first times he saw lance was strapped to a table screaming and sobbing as he was tased if he didn't hold still. And when he had his head shoved to the side and chest held down so they could shove needles in his neck. He was so sick but they were so harsh on him as a child.

They were never seen as children. They were numbers.

"I'll talk to her, she suffered the lost of her father still, we never had to lose someone like that, she is still an experiment in the end," Lotor gulped and lance sniffled a little nodding as he wiped under his nose.

"You still lost Axca, someone You love, you two know that pain, you should be the one to talk to her," lance sighed while Lotor started to climb up the tree and sat with him.

"I'm sorry, I'll stop," he rubbed his head.

"My head hurts, I'm going back," lance sniffled again trying to not cry. He was just upset, he wasn't even sad he was frustrated and upset, he couldn't seem to step his eyes from getting watery any time he was mad even.

"Wait," Lotor grabbed his hand before he flew off.

"I'm on your side lance, you're safe but your allowed to be upset," he whispered down to him as lance was trying to fight off tears.

"I'm not weak," lance sniffled.

"You're not, but we're going through a lot of changes with being out of the labs, there's people now, we have to know to rely on each other," Lotor placed his hand on top of lances head as a form of comfort.

Lance nodded sniffling again but took off without another word, Lotor took off in the air next but noticed lance wasn't going home yet. Lotor followed anyways, he was afraid too, if he didn't stay with lance this would be the time he would be taken. They had a rule. They couldn't let their guard down.