IV

Lance sat in his room late at night as he stared at a book focusing. He ignored the headache it gave him as he tried to learn what the words on the back meant.

He sighed shoving the book off the ground rubbing his head, swallowing the painful lump in his throat and blinked away the stinging feeling in his eyes.

He looked up hearing a knock at the door but pulled his knees to his chest saying nothing. He couldn't talk to Allura right now, he was the biggest hypocrite of them all, he didn't want to talk about it.

"It's me," Lotors voice spoke up.

Lance felt his stomach go sick when it dropped, resting his nose on his knee not looking at the door, he still didn't want to talk. But some how Lotor opened the door anyways.

"Hey that was locked for a reason," lance frowned.

"And I broke the lock anyways," Lotor said holding the handle biting his lip awkwardly.

"Well fix it and go away," lance scoffed getting up as he picked up the book on the ground and put it on the shelf.

"I wanted to apologize for what I said before," Lotor sighed setting the handle of the door on Lances night stand.

"Why? Shouldn't apologize for the truth," lance sneered back.

"Lance it's not your fault, none of it is," Lotor told him closing his eyes as he sat on the bed.

"No no your right, wrong but right, it is my fault and I am a burden, maybe if I stayed behind to help I could've been shot instead, hell, at least acxa could win a fight!" Lance kept his back to Lotor as he kept his hand on the book.

"Lance shut up," Lotor snarled.

"No I'm sick of being treated like I'm stupid! I know I can't read but it's my fault now, we're free somehow and I still can't spell a god damn word! But hey you and Allura got to be taught how to read at least when we were in hell!" Lance turned to him with slitted blue eyes with yellow irises.

"But I'm trying okay, I know I'm not smart but I'm not stupid," he but a hand on his chest with a snarl.

"I'm trying to not be a burden," he glared as his voice shook a little as Lotor looked at him calmly.

"It was a mistake to come here," Lotor sighed.

"Yea it was," lance wiped under his nose.

"Are you crying?" Lotor asked getting up.

"No!" Lance snarled and Lotor saw bright blue markings under lances eyes as there was smaller dots that trailed to under his ears as he had small fangs.

But with all the trying to intimidate like a predator, there were still tears that escaped down his face.

"Just get out, forget the door and get out," he calmed down looking at the ground as the markings went away and his face returned to normal.

"Want me to get Allura?" Lotor asked gulping a little.

"Don't... don't even tell her about this," lance whispered.

The two males stood there silent as lance gave up the fight and Lotor couldn't move.

"I still remember the feeling of her body going limp in my arms, life running out of her eyes," Lotor sighed nodding.

Lance looked up at him surprised as Lotor looked up at the ceiling like he was suppose to read a script from there.

"Her blood, I remember the smell and the feeling, I knew my own blood was warm but feeling someone else's... blood feels really really warm when it's not in your body," he gulped and lance sat on the bed listening.

"Acxa knew she wasn't going to make it, she's not like us, but she held onto me still, then you and Allura grabbed me when she stopped breathing and made me leave her," Lotor looked at him as lance hugged his knees together, holding himself. He remembered Lotor fighting against them, screaming at them, landing a punch on him but Allura was able to keep taking him away to safety.

"I'm sorry I called you a burden, your not, we wouldn't been just as upset if we lost you instead," he said calmly as lance wiped a tear away with his palm.

"You don't have to lie to make me feel better, I'm just glad you finally opened up about it," lance smiled at him with the redness around his eyes and his teeth showing to smile more.

"I'm not lying," Lotor narrowed his eyes.

"Maybe not about being just as upset, I know you wouldn't be like this if it was me, but lo it's okay, your opening up to us again, that's all the matters," lance smiled softly at him and Lotor frowned still.

"Are you-" Lotor stopped himself from insulting the youngest of them. "You should get some sleep, you put up a fight,"

Lance shrugged as he left and laid his cheek on his knee feeling tears weld up in his eyes again, reaching behind him and feeling something soft and not human attached to his back. Acxa wasn't like them but she was one of them, like the others...

He let the tears fall as he kept his head down.

They were still monsters to the world.