XXIII

Allura noticed how close lance and Lotor got the last month since they became more social with humans. The only person they would talk to willingly was Shiro out of everyone but he was barely human either.

She's caught them outside in the sunshine with books as Lotor read to lance and lance learned more. She never would've thought they would have the patients with each other to learn something that is harder to learn so late in life.

But she didn't want to be stuck in their old ways, she wanted a life, a new start, Lotor started to skip school more often. So one day hunk and Pidge went to get hair cuts on the last day of school.

And she joined them.

"I love it!" Allura squealed as the hair dresser showed the length of her new hair. Shoulder length with her wavy black hair.

"It's so light, it feels amazing," she gasped holding the short ends in each hand.

"It's cute," hunk smiled as he just got a trim and Pidge cut her hair short as well.

"I wonder what big bad brother is going to think," Pidge teased.

"My brothers probably won't even notice," she laughed.

"Is everything okay at home? They seem like they're excluding you a little," hunk asked as she paid for her haircut and they walked out of the salon.

"Does it? They've mostly just been doing school work together I think," Allura played with her short hair.

"They've just been stuck in their old ways and want me to stay in the old ways too, they always talk about possibly moving again and I think we're all just in different stages of life, I'm ready to stay in one place," she smiled with a shrug.

"Hey Keith!" Pidge waved over their friend.

"Shiros not with You?" She noticed he was alone in a work uniform.

"No hes with lance and Lotor," Keith took off his work hat to wipe away the sweat from the heat of the sun.

"Ooo lura is getting replaced, so much for old ways," Pidge snorted sarcastically and Allura was surprised.

"With my brothers? Why on earth would they all be hanging out together?" Allura blinked surprised.

"I've been working, how am I suppose to know?" Keith went on his phone to text his brother.

-

"Come on Shiro show that asshole who's boss!" Lance cheered as they all played around in the large backyard. Lance made the game for climbing the big tree the fastest against Lotor but then he was beaten.

"Avenge me!" Lance cried out as the two boys climbed up the tree racing. Lance and Lotor freely let their wings out with the shirts that had holes cut in the backs.

"Been out of the labs for how long bird brain? Your getting sloppy," Shiro smiled looking down at Lotor who was right behind him. Shiro won anyways.

"Someone help me down?" Shiro asked from the top of the tree as Lotor flew down with ease.

"Sorry but the bird brain can't," Lotor grinned a little landing on the grass.

"Please?!" Shiro cried out.

"I'm coming!" Lance smiled as he spread his wings and took off to help him out.

Lotor pulled his hair up in a bun as lance flew over and grabbed shiros hand as they both yelled when lance fell due to shiros weight.

"Knew it," Lotor grinned crossing his arms as they landed together with a yell.

"Ow," Shiro groaned under lance.

"Thanks for the cushion," lance smiled getting up as the other mutant sat up with a painful whine.

"Oi Shiro, your brother is calling," Lotor saw his phone ringing.

"Shit, he probably just got off work," Shiro got up to answer the phone.

"Hey Keith," he answered.

"Yea I'm actually hanging out with Alluras brothers, I told you I was," Shiro watched the two avians battle each other as lance laughed loudly flapping his wings in Lotors face and jumped to sit on his shoulders. Lotor looked up at him unamused.

"I'll probably stay here for a while, we're in the middle of a movie," he smiled back at the other mutants as Lotor held his arm out to see if he could hold Lance on one arm.

"I gotta go, I'll let you know when I'm heading home," Shiro smirked and hung up.

"Wait lance how much do you weight?" He chuckled as lance was crouched on one of Lotors shoulders.

"I don't know like 70 pounds? We have special bones to make us lighter to fly or something," lance shrugged not knowing.

"Think you could stand on me like a hawk?" Shiro activated his strength with his eyes glowing purple.

"Deal," his smile grew mischievous.

They all fooled around like the teenagers they were, Shiro was able to easily hold lance in one hand but they got curious and he held Lotor next then he held both avian teens.

They spared and play fought each other but they all enjoyed being their true forms to use their super strength and speed, the two boys enjoyed being able to just have their wings out without a second thought, as if it was normal.

"So Keith doesn't know where you come from?" Lance asked as he ate a sandwich while they all stayed outside.

"Nope, kind of how you are I just say I'm in the system and pretend, but Keith doesn't ask about my past anymore, he knows something bad happened that I don't want to talk about, he just doesn't need to know how bad it was," shiro told them as he drank some water.

"How's learning how to read going?" He asked curiously.

"Good! I can pick up some words like when we were at the restaurant the basic stuff I knew, like easy stuff kids know," lance explained excited knowing he was getting better.

"You've improved a lot lance," Lotor smiled softly at him.

"So are You two actually brothers or brothers how Keith and I are?" Shiro asked curiously still.

"I don't see Lotor as a brother," lance said casually.

"Ouch," Shiro blinked a little.

"No, he's family but the way I care about Lotor is different than how I care about Allura, she feels like a sister and Lotor feels like the person I trust the most, just not in a brother way," lance waved him off not thinking much of it. It was true, they talked about it.

"I'm your best friend?" Lotor smirked.

"I don't have a lot of options," lance stuck his tongue out.

"Do you guys have any other family out there? I've been trying to find my birth mother for years," Shiro tilted his head to the side.

Lotor paused and looked at lance unsure. His father was the head of the empire laboratory, partners with Alluras father. Biologically he has a father and mother but he had no connection to them.

"No, we were both made from test tubes," lance shook his head.

"I did have a scientist that I looked up to as a father figure though, he taught me how to speak Spanish so we could talk just together, he was in charge of me since I was a toddler to make sure I stayed alive," lance smiled brightly.

"Where is he now?" Shiro asked surprised.

"He uh, he left a couple years ago, I don't know why but I want to find him one day, Dakota Brooke's," he kept his smile with hope in his eyes.

Shiro smiled nodding but a sick feeling in his stomach twisted.

He knew exactly who he was.

He knew exactly where he was..

"I hope you find him one day," Shiro encouraged with a kind look.

"Me too," lance smiled more excited to see his father figure one day.