XIII

"Hey lance!" Pidge waved as the boy was sitting on the couch nervously while Allura greeted her new friends. He smiled brightly waving back but his body told him to run upstairs. He was so uncomfortable in his own skin right now.

"Hey guys," lance stayed on the couch as Shiro, hunk and Keith walked in with food for everyone.

"No Lotor?" Shiro asked setting the take out on the table behind them.

"Lotor is up stairs," Allura told them and Keith snorted.

"He really doesn't like us," Keith smirked at them and lance shrugged.

"Not really," lance agreed. Allura glared at him.

"He's an introvert," Allura explained.

"So what movie are we watching?" Hunk sat next to lance on the couch but noticed how lance shuffled away a little for space.

"You okay man?" Hunk asked with a kind smile.

"Yea totally," lance waved it off and handed Allura the remote to find a movie.

"I want to watch a comedy, cops out!" Pidge pointed excitedly.

"What no, I thought we agreed on a horror movie," Keith groaned joining the couch.

"I've never seen a horror movie," lance gasped intrigued.

"You shouldn't watch a horror movie lance," his sister said quietly.

"How about one of the saw movies," Keith had evil mischief in his eyes but Shiro smacked the back of his head.

"No saw," Shiro said flatly.

"Yes saw," lance looked at the screen wide eyes.

"It's gory stuff man," hunk told him worried.

"Gore doesn't bother me," he assured with a smile.

"The second one then," Keiths smile grew as Allura handed everyone a blanket.

"What is saw?" Allura asked confused.

"Those things that you cut wood with," lance told her as they started the movie.

"Yea that's what they'll be cutting during the movie," hunk pulled the blanket over his face.

Lotor walked downstairs during the movie to get food but paused seeing everyone was invested with the movie.

Shiro was hiding behind Pidge and Keith with his hands over his eyes. Hunk had his face buried in lances shoulder. Allura had her hands over her face with a few squeaks and the blanket over her head. Keith was cringing at the scene while lance was watching casually, relaxed and eating still.

"Hey lo," lance waved.

"What's happening?" Lotor leaned on the couch.

"The movies called saw, these people are being brutally killed for some game I think," lance said casually looking back at the screen.

"You okay with this?" Lotor asked softly.

He shrugged. "I didn't know people made movies like these, it's strange,"

"Not this gory at least, it's so cringy," hunk whined covering his face in lances shoulder making the boy smile.

"Come upstairs if it gets to much lance, you too Allura," Lotor patted the top of each of their heads as he walked by them to get to the kitchen.

"You don't want to stay?" Pidge whined looking at the tallest of them all.

"Nope," he opened the fridge.

"Aww come on Lotor don't be a stick in the mud," Shiro teased but only saw Lotors back.

"I don't like slashers, I'm not a movie person," Lotor grabbed an apple and some cheese.

"Is it the blood?" Keith smirked a little.

"Yep and the screaming, and the torture, and you know, everything inhumane," Lotor ate a piece of cheese.

"It's not real," lance said proudly. The first time he watched a movie he thought it was real but the older Mutants assured him it wasn't real.

"You never know if it's based off a true story," Lotor hummed and lances eyes widen horrified.

"Stop harassing, go away," Allura shoed him away making lance smile a little.

Shiro watched Lotor go back upstairs and glanced at lance seeing he was tense now a little at the thought of the silly movie being based off a true story. He's noticed the way each of the strange siblings were, the way they walked and moved, light on their toes. How alert they were. He felt something off with each of them.

Shiro tightened his right fist a little as he inhaled a breath remembering to just breathe. As if he's been holding his breath since he's walked into their home.

Everyone fell asleep on the couch but lance was able to slip away to go to his own room. He rolled his shoulders feeling his wings sore from sitting in such an uncomfortable position so hunk didn't feel the wings.

"Lotor? You awake?" Lance knocked on his door.

"Come in," Lotor replied as lance opened the door.

"They're sleeping over," lance mumbled closing the door and lifted his shirt enough to let his wings stretch out.

"Fuck, she's getting careless, this is our safe place if they get nosy.." Lotor was laying on his bed as he watched lance stretch his arms up and wings spread out.

"Don't trust them too lance," he warned.

"I won't, if we need to up and leave I'm ready," lance tucked his wings away and crossed his arms.

"But Allura is getting attached, I'm worried lo," he gulped looking down.

"If the time comes I know Allura will make the right choice, but it's hesitation that will kill us, that's what killed Axca," Lotor stood up and lance flinched at the name.

"Yet we stay in a home that was once hers," lance mumbled.

"She wanted all of us to stay safe away from the labs, this was all she could get," Lotor told him softly but lance kept his head down. There was guilt and shame in his stance.

"It's not your fault, I'm sorry if you think it's your fault," Lotor gulped at lances silence.

"I'm just scared she died for nothing, we escaped the labs and I just don't want to get caught, I'm so scared of going back," lance whimpered a little as he rubbed around his neck till his skin turned red. Lotor grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"We're always going to be afraid, but fear isn't reality, we will never be experiments, not while I'm here," Lotor told him quietly as lance was shaking a little but he believed the older hybrid, Lotor set his hand on top of lances head and brushed his hair off his forehead.

"Did the movie bother You? I don't want you or Allura getting nightmares," Lotor said gently keeping his hand on lances hair as they looked at each other.

"I'll be okay, I've seen worse," lance smiled brightly up at him and Lotor smiled back relieved.

They both heard shuffling close but it was heavier than Alluras footsteps. Lotor pulled lance back as he listened against the door.

  He had a hard glare and in a flash he opened the door and his hand rescued out grabbing someones shirt.

"Lotor stop!" Lance grabbed his arm as Shiro was the one being the one being grabbed.

"I knew it," Shiro whispered in horror yet disgust. "Mutants,"

Lotors eyes widen as lance backed away fearful. The taller mutant had a tight grip on shiros shirt and dragged him into the room and started to head to the window.

"Wait wait what the- wait!" Shiro gasped a scream as Lotors wings opened up and he opened the large window that he fit through with Shiro and jumped into the air holding the other teen.