𝟛: 𝙼𝙾𝚄𝙽𝚃 𝚆𝙴𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚁𝙴𝙺 𝙿𝚃. 𝟚

"𝙐𝙝-𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙣"

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

The group of six have been on the trek for a few hours now, Clarke taking the lead with the map. The other five delinquents behind her enjoying the scenery and making conversation.

While Athena gets to know Monty and Jasper they stop talking to see Finn grab a flower from a moss covered log and slip it into Octavia's hair.

Monty and Jasper exchange glances.
"Now that my friend is game." Jasper said quietly.

"That, my friend, is poison sumac." Monty responded, grabbing the flower from the log.

Frightened Octavia whacks it out of her hair. "What? It is?"

"Don't worry. The flowers aren't poisonous. They're medicinal. Calming actually." Monty states while popping one in his mouth.

Athena, Finn, and Octavia sent him a questioning look.
"His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on the ark." Jasper informs the trio.

Just then, Clarke abruptly turns around to speak to the other 5.

"Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?"

As Clarke stops to mark an 'X' on a tree to mark their path Finn speaks up.

"Come on, Clarke, how do you block all this out?"

"Well, It's simple. I wonder: why haven't we seen any animals? Hm. Maybe it's because there are none.
Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us... Sure is pretty, though. Come on"

Athena nods her head and falls in step with Clarke not hearing the rest of the conversation.

Both blondes stop and face each other in amazement, Athena puts a finger to her lips as they both crouch down to see the view. Clarke shushes the group as they catch up and crouch down.

"No animals huh?" Finn whispers to Clarke.

Finn gestures for silence as he steps forward but ends up breaking a branch.

The 6 delinquents gasp in horror, the deer didn't have one head. But two...

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

After the encounter with the deer Clarke and Athena stay together, while Octavia ends up taking the lead with the boys together, everyone silent.

Soon enough Finn breaks the silence.
"You know what I'd like to know? Why send us down today, after ninety-seven years? What changed?"

Octavia scoffs. "Who cares? I'm just glad they did. I woke up rotting in a cell. Now I'm spinning in a forest."
she says spinning around a tree trying to gain a certain Collins boys attention, but ends up being ignored.

Straying behind from the group, Athena hears shuffling behind her. Turning around in confusion, she sees nothing, before taking another step she hears shuffling a few feet to her right once again.

"What the?" Athena whispers.
Before she can discover the noise the older Griffin calls out to her.

"Athena! Come on catch up."