𝟚.𝟚; NOT WHAT IT SEEMS...

"Really? Now you care.."

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

It had been 2 weeks since Athena, James and Monty were taken to the mountain.

1 week since the three had been discharged and had become some sort of citizens.

1 weeks since Athena became good friends with Rosa Gonzalez.

1 week since Athena had perfected her Spanish, along with Rosas Russian and her still practicing her trig.

And finally, 3 days since Rosa Gonzalez began acting differently.

Athena noticed it after she had come in late to dinner. A few days ago Rosa had explained how she hates being late and loves being on timer early.
Athena knew it had something to do with Rosas' new intern job with helping Dr. Singh.

"Okay what's up with you?" Athena said abruptly walking into Rosa's home, startling the brunette.

"Ay Chinga! Don't scare me like that! What, no hey how are you?" Rosa said.

"Hey Rosa, how are you? Now what is up with you?" Athena smiled sarcastically, making the brunette smile back.

"Well Athena I'm fine, now what do you mean?" the brunette asked, A normal person would never tell how Rosa's voice wavered. But Athena could tell, since she was no normal person.

"Cut the crap, ever since you began working with Dr. Singh, you began to act weird. What's going on with you?"
Rosa sighed in defeat.

"Follow me." was all the brunette said before leading the blonde to Rosa's closet.
When inside of the closet, Athena looked around to see a map of Mount Weather along with other writings and a map of tunnels.

"Rosa what is this?"

"Since the second day of working with Dr. Singh I've been trying to find a way for you to escape. What I found out is.. You have to leave Athena."

"Why? I mean look at this place, It's amazing. In here I'm not fighting for my life, out there is death and war. I'm tired of that Ro." Rosa sighed, feeling bad for the blonde who had been through alot.

"I know, but being out there is better than what they will do to you in here Athena."

"Now what are you talking about?"

"This place is not what it seems. We can't just survive here, we've.. had to do things to live. Things I'm ashamed of. I only take the treatment when I need to. I would let them all go if I could but that would be condemning everyone here to death. And not to mention if they go through with their plan with you guys. I could never live with that." Rosa ranted her eyes slightly watering.

"Let who go? What treatments?"

"It's better if I show you."

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

"Why are we here?" Athena asked, walking into a room stocked with shelves upon shelves of art work.

"We aren't here for the art, look into that vent. Then you'll know what I'm talking about." The blonde slowly walked towards the vent before lifting a piece to peek inside.
Oh how she wished she never did..

Inside was a big room with hundreds, possibly thousands of cages filled to the brim with grounders. Some stacked up on eachother, others hanging in their cages by chains.

It looked gruesome.

"What the hell?" Athena backed up before looking at the brunette with betrayal in her eyes.