𝟚.𝟛; BONE MARROW....

"She's ruining the plan. Again.."

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

"She's waking up, you did it Dr. Gonzalez." Serafinas eyes began to flutter open though felt a jolt of pain on her side.

"Easy miss. Dawson. You got out of surgery 10 hours ago. We were able to remove the bullet fragments without damaging any important organs, though there were some complications where we almost lost you." Rosa said, helping the weakened redhead sit up on the bed.

"Where am I? What complications?" the redhead asked. Before Rosa could speak up, a voice by the entrance spoke up.

"Let's just say you and Athena now have the same blood." Serafina turned to the entrance and saw what she thought were ghosts.

"A-Athena? James? How are you here? Am I dreaming?" Both Athena and Rosa chuckled at the question.

"It's me Sera, I'm here." Athena said, walking up to athenas bed, grabbing a hold of her sister's hand with the help of James.

"I would hug you but I feel like shit right now." Serafina told her sister.

Now that the redhead knew it was her sister and she wasn't hallucinating she noticed something different about her. Athena's perfect tone looks paler than usual, her eyes looked like she hadn't slept in ages, and Serafina noticed her sister was limping slightly on her right foot which it looked like that was why James was helping her walk.

"What happened? How do we have the same blood?" The redhead asked, making Athena and Rosa glance at each other.

"We did a process that gave you a chance to live, but now we can only do transfusions to each other." Athena said, smiling weakly at her sister.

"What process, Athena?"

Rosa spoke up, "I used Athena's bone marrow and transferred it to you which then turned your blood black. Bone marrow transfusion worked. Athena, James, I need you both to destroy this work, if they find it, if they find my research they'll kill me for not sharing this information and helping you escape. I'd rather die knowing I helped you guys escape than getting you all killed." Rosa said, her voice slightly wavering in the end.

Athena shook her head frantically, "No, you're not dying. I'm not letting you die."

"Athena, i'm going to die whether or not they find my research. If they find it they'll give everyone the treatment except for me, then i'll die of radiation, even if they don't find it they'll know I helped you escape. I'll die either way. I'd rather die knowing I chose the right side."
Rosa explained the situation to the blonde who was still denying her new friend's outcome.

"Not if they don't know you got the treatment, and only you." James spoke up a look of realization on his face.
Athena looked at the man who now seemed to be deep in thought.

"What are you talking about James?" Athena asked.

"What if we give her some bone marrow?" James asked.

"James, Athena is too weak, and Serafina just got out of surgery. I doubt any of the 100 will willingly donate bone marrow to an outsider." Rosa shook her head, though the brunette couldn't help but think of what could happen if she did get the treatment.