•Chapter- 6•

"Holy crap!" Is the only word that came out of my mouth as I heard what my mother said

"Language young lady!" My mother admonished me with a scowl. I just closed my mouth which was wide open and looked at her again to see if she was serious but by the looks of it, she is pretty serious.

"Okay, so what you are telling me is that some guy and his family are coming to meet me tomorrow right?!" I asked again not believing that the day came too soon!

I can hear my brother and my two best friends laughing at me from the side but I didn't care. It's been a rough two weeks since I agreed with my work and everything and honestly, I thought it's gonna take a month or two before they find someone for me to meet. But I didn't expect it this soon. What surprised me more is that they already know me and they like me and they are coming here tomorrow so that I and my family can meet them. I mean I am flattered but I am scared too. This is all very.........something I have never done and it seems very I don't know unfamiliar?!

"Beta listen I understand it's very......surprising to listen to but just meet them tomorrow and see if you like them.....like him and then we can go from there okay?" Mamma said coming near me engulfing me in a hug. I sighed in her arms and nodded my head.

"Okay! No big deal! They are just coming to see me and I'll just talk to them, get to know them, and then we will see!" I said shaking my body vigorously as if shaking the nervousness out of me. My mother just looked at me weirdly and said
"Just....try not to do these in front of them otherwise I am afraid they will run," she said with her face scrunched up and that's all it took for my family to burst out laughing.

It felt good to see them all like this happy and content. Soon even I joined them in their laughter and we all had a nice evening.

That night it took everything in me to not pace around the whole room and just lay in bed sandwiched between my best friends as they came over for a sleepover.

Hey! That rhymed!!

Ugh! Whatever!

"Aunty just told us that he is from a very good family. And apparently, she talked to his Mom and she is a very sweet lady it seems so Mom-in-law earned brownie points!" Zeesh said earning a smack from me.

"She is not my mother-in-law!" I whisper yelled at him.

"Yet!" He clicks his tongue much to my annoyance.

My mother did not tell me anything about the guy who is coming to see me stating that I will look him up and make my assumptions. I do not do that but then again she wants me to meet him officially only tomorrow and I can't do anything about it so I let it slide. But my mind is not ready to let it slide as it is filled with numerous amount of thoughts about who it could be? Or how is it's gonna go? And it's frustrating, to say the least being stuffed with questions and no answers.

It doesn't help that I am too big on curiosity like my curious levels are extreme!

"Zeesh! Shut up! She is already so confused and anxious don't make her more stressed out!" Ayesh, the more sensible and responsible one in our group spoke.

"We can tease her after we meet them tomorrow so don't worry about it now and conserve your energy!" She continued and did I ever say that she is sensible and responsible?! Forget that!!

As they both started teasing me lightly again my mind drifted off to many possibilities of what could happen tomorrow and just like that, I succumbed to sleep wondering about what's to come.

*****************************************
Morning came soon enough and my mother put the house on fire. Like literally on fire!
She is very nervous and excited that she almost burnt the kitchen thank god for dad's quick reflex skills. She is fussing over everything in sight and ordered me to wear a saree. I don't have any problem wearing them so I agreed easily and chose a vintage pink floral saree whit light accessories.

I set my hair in a half updo and applied kohl and lip balm and I am ready to go

I set my hair in a half updo and applied kohl and lip balm and I am ready to go. Ayesh and Zeesh brought their clothes over here so they can get ready easily and they helped me also in getting ready. As I sat there waiting for the guy's family to come I can't help but build the bubble of tension in my tummy.

"It's going to be alright Madi! Just be you and be cool okay? Get to know him and we will take it from there! And also he would be a fool to not marry you after he met you!" Ayesh said trying to calm my nerves.

"Arey yaar! I know he would be unlucky if he doesn't marry me after meeting me. My nerves are not for that! It's because of the awkwardness. It's going to be very awkward and I am......I don't know I will squirm!" I said truthfully. I am not bothered with the fact of the guy liking me or not. You cannot let other people liking you define you.

You should have belief in yourself first and foremost before anything else. You cannot let other people's opinions about you or on you be the definition of you. I love myself and I know my close ones love me and that's what matters. That's what should matter.

We heard a honk indicating that they might be here. I went towards my room window to see a very expensive car, whose name I don't know enter our gates. And ten minutes later my mother came into the room asking for me to come down.

Phew! Here goes nothing! Guys! Wish me luck!!!

Hello lovely readers! So our hero is going to meet the heroine!!!! Excited about it?! Lemme know your thoughts and have a nice day!