•Chapter- 18•

"Umhmm!!!!! Something smells so delicious and yummy in here bhabhi!!!! What is it?! What are you making?!" Deeva came inside the kitchen and stood beside me by draping her arm over my shoulders

I smiled at her cheerfully and showed her my famous chicken tikka masala, roti, and a special fusion dessert which is motichoor laddoo cheesecake jars since I had extra time to make.

"Welp! Just now I am done with chicken tikka masala and I think even our dessert is ready. The rotis are also done so now we just wait for your brother to come home" I said taking the chicken into a bowl and arranging the rotis in the hot pack.

"But bhai came home 15 minutes before na?" Deeva said confused and I looked at her surprised.

"What?! But I haven't even heard a sound!? When did he come?!" I said bewildered as I was in the kitchen for like 45 minutes now and I haven't even heard a sound of him entering the house.

"Oh, that! Bhai is always like this. He never makes any sound. He slips out quietly and he slips in quietly. He came just fifteen minutes ago and went to get freshened up. Wait I'll go call everyone for dinner!"

"Oh! Your bhai is a Ninja Hattori dude! Anyway, go call everyone I am starving!" I said and Deeva giggled going off to call everyone.

Everyone slowly came to the dining hall and even Advaith. I locked eyes with him and God I felt happy seeing him. I gave him a huge smile and settled down together with him.

"Wow beta! It smells Delish over here!" Papa said in an American accent making me and everyone laugh.

"Why thank you, Sir! Please taste it and let me know if it is to your liking!" I said in a fake British accent to which he winked at me.

Papa is such a charmer. Like in these few days where I got close with him, he never failed to make me feel important and as if I am also the daughter of this house. He is so fun to be around and so charming!

I wonder where it went with his son! I mean....he is a charmer but sometimes it takes effort!

I leaned in towards Advaith and whispered "Hi"

He stiffened with my sudden breath falling on his ears and I shifted back to my place making sure no one saw.

He looked at me and came close to me in the pretense of taking a bowl beside me and huskily whispered barely noticeable...

"Hey" and god I gulped feeling my throat going dry.

Uff! Air conditioner at its maximum, please!