•Chapter- 9•

Awkward

Awkward.....
That was the one word I could think of as I sat down here in front of my potential husband-to-be.

None of us were speaking anything. He was looking intently at me while I was refusing to meet his eyes. How can I? When his eyes make me feel like they are looking straight into my soul ready to unravel my deep dark secrets.

Not that I have any......does having dirty fantasies count though?

*Madira stupid Madira!*

Well......to summarise this situation to you it's been exactly a week since Advaith Raichand's family came to seek my hand for marriage where I met the famous business tycoon or should I say "The Lucifer" as people nicknamed him as. After they came to meet me I researched a little about him as he oh so graciously told me to. Even my parents did a little background check on him and his family and honestly, they are happy to proceed with this but I am a little uncertain.

I got to know so many things about him like how he is a very reserved and practical person and that he is the most angriest person the world has ever seen. How his ways to do business are fair but yet ruthless and he can end a person's life with a snap of his finger. How his whole life is his family and he can do anything for them.

So far whatever I heard about him is good and honestly, I can say yes but I cannot tell him a 'yes' by just meeting him once. I mean not that if I meet him 'twice' or even 'thrice' it will assure me of a lifetime but at least it will give me some 'clarity' and 'perspective'. I can't gain insight on him just like that. So, when I told this to my parents they understood and contacted his parents asking if we can meet again.

Now here I am in the Raichand Group of Industries building sitting in the CEO's office unable to understand what to say.
But then again I have to say something since I was the one who wanted to talk.

I cleared my throat and gave him a small smile before saying "Nice office! I like the brown color!"

Way to go! Good job Madi! At least that's a start!........ I mentally patted myself for speaking.

He just gave me a silent nod though his lips were twitching upwards.

"Umm......I wanted to talk about a few things before I gave my consent" I said getting to the point. I noticed the way his eyes darted towards the clock once in a while and knew he might have some office commitments so me sitting here awkward is going to waste both of our times.

He just nodded for me to proceed.

"I.....know you have told me that you are only marrying for your mother's sake and I appreciate the honesty though I hope you can at least give the relationship a chance" I said and looked at him. When I saw him looking at me raising one eyebrow as if asking me to continue I bit my lip and continued.....

"I want to work after marriage too. I am not asking for your permission because irrespective of it I am going to do my job. I am an independent person so I like earning myself. But I want to inform you that I will also do all my duties well. I hope that's alright?" I asked looking at him.

"I appreciate you telling me this and honestly you can freely do whatever you want after marriage as long as it isn't something which tarnishes my reputation" he said calmly making me roll my eyes at the word 'reputation'. As if I don't have one!?

"Okay.....I also want to know that you would be able to give this marriage a genuine chance. Otherwise, us marrying is pointless" I asked seriously.

He sighed at that and leaned forward saying
"I might not be exactly in terms with this relationship right now but I will try my best to care and provide for you. You will always be respected and treated no less than my mother and sister. I can promise you that" he said looking into my eyes and I can see the sincerity in them.

I pondered over his words.......sure he is not ecstatic about this but who will be I mean you are marrying a whole new different person inviting them into your life and suddenly they are a very important person in your life....it's not easy. You start as strangers and that's where you have to befriend each other and start towards the journey of becoming closer. It's not like love at first sight or something. You date each other in this case just after marriage.

And who knows maybe we both might be each other's destiny. He is a good man from what little I have known and I just have to take a small risk of putting my trust in him and he in me. Maybe I can do that....maybe I can trust him......

"I don't trust you yet.......but I am ready to trust you not with my life or heart but with this commitment......so it's a yes from my side" I told him and for the first time, I saw a small smile on his face. It's not a big grin but a small genuine one and my heart unknowingly warmed at the fact it is because of me.

He quickly though composed himself and nodded at me blankly. I sighed thinking I have my work cut out with him and bid him a bye to return home.

That night when I told everyone about my decision they all were very happy not just my family but even the Raichand's and started planning the marriage right away.

And when I finally reached my bed after all the congratulations I realized that.......

Holy Shit I am getting married!

Hello dear readers! Holy Shit! She agreed indeed! But I must say Madira is a wise girl don't you think?! Hope you all liked the chapter! Lemme know how it is!

And also guys I wanted to say something.....I have noticed that at least 100 people are reading the story but I am only getting 30 votes or something per chapter...I understand not everyone wants to vote but it would be very appreciated if you guys vote as it gives me the confidence to write more and write faster. I hope you understand what I am saying... But irrespective of whatever it is I appreciate and send my kind regards to everyone who is reading the story! It means so much to me! Thank you, guys!❤️

 But irrespective of whatever it is I appreciate and send my kind regards to everyone who is reading the story! It means so much to me! Thank you, guys!❤️