•Chapter- 12•

A month or two ago if someone told me that I would be sitting in an unfamiliar room waiting for my 'husband' wearing this very heavy dress and jewelry sweating like hell, I would have laughed very un-ladylike on your face and would've sauntered of...

A month or two ago if someone told me that I would be sitting in an unfamiliar room waiting for my 'husband' wearing this very heavy dress and jewelry sweating like hell, I would have laughed very un-ladylike on your face and would've sauntered off but look at me now!
I am sitting here in a huge ass mansion that belongs to my 'big shot husband' who by the way hasn't even spoken a whole sentence with me properly yet.

An unknown nervousness gripped my heart as I waited for him to come inside his room.....Our room and as the word came across my mind it finally registered that I am married. The moment I took the seven oaths of our marriage with him, I promised that despite this strange union of our marriage I'll give him and our relationship a chance. But now that it finally sank that I am married thoughts that are not familiar to me started occupying my mind.

What if he is not ready to give this marriage a chance or worse not even interested in this relation and only got married out of force?

I mean yes! I know he is a good guy and I know he said he married for his family but then again a small fear always persists that what if he doesn't give this a chance?

After all, he didn't even reach out and conversed with me properly despite me trying to initiate a conversation like our first call once our marriage was fixed a month and a half ago.

After I read a lot about him on Google and thanks to Ayesh's amazing stalking skills where she got to know about a little of his childhood days I realized that he is super duper private and getting to know something about him means it's a rarity. You either go ask him or you won't know at all.

Yet, sitting here on this enigmatic person's bed I started wondering if they were true. I mean even when I called him just to talk to my fiance he acted as if he is talking to his office staff.

My chain of silly thoughts broke when I heard the door of the room opening. I quickly composed myself, my heart beating like crazy. I took a deep breath to calm myself down and waited for some kind of initiation of conversation from his side. This is the first-ever time I was alone with him. We didn't even meet before marriage except for when I saw him on the roka where the conversation was zilch.

I couldn't exactly see where he was standing since the pallu (the ends of the saree draped on the bride's head covering her face) was covering my eyes and it's a pretty thick one.

I sensed him sitting down but I don't think it was anywhere on the bed since I didn't feel any dip. Just as my thoughts started firing up I heard his voice.....his deep, sexy, husky voice.....

"You can take off the veil" It was a simple statement yet the deep rumble in his voice sent chills down my spine and my tummy swarmed with butterflies(I don't understand why butterflies though!).

Welp! I followed what he said and took off my veil to see him sitting on the couch with his arms on the top of the couch and legs apart. He looked like an absolute royal vision!
One that I would jump at right this moment if not for the stupid nervousness in my heart and chaos in my mind.