|three|

Jisung was shoving many things into a duffel bag, varying from weapons to simple shampoo to clean his wings on his own. He took the day off to sharpen his knives, buy more ammo, make a few more bows, and everything in between.

As Jisung was sharpening his favorite dagger, he wondered what Chan and Felix were hiding. There was absolutely no way Felix knew too little of information. Felix knew practically everything. And whatever Felix knows, Chan knows. Why they wouldn't bother to tell Jisung everything they knew was suspicious on both of their parts.

For example, what were Lee Minho's powers? Surely they're nothing crazily out of the ordinary. And they should be dormant within him, unless he already shows signs of his angel powers, which is entirely rare.

Why would hell send their strongest demon after the boy? They must know his powers too, and he might be very strong if that's the case, or his powers are already awakened deep down.

But most importantly, why would Chan send Jisung to protect this boy instead of a guardian angel? Sure, Jisung was very talented in combat, but he is no guardian angel. Why is he doing their job for him? Normally, if there's a stronger demon after a soul, they'll send multiple guardians, but why Jisung? What was so special about this Lee Minho that Chan felt the need to send the leader of the angel army instead of a normal guardian.

None of it added up in Jisung's mind, but he was determined to get to the bottom of it.

Jisung stood up from his bed to grab his weapon belt and strapped it around his waist. He filled it was small knives, little bottles of poisonous liquids and powders, and a few ropes and chains rolled up. He looked around the room, making a mental checklist in his head, and made sure he had everything he needs. Jisung then got the rest of his stuff and packed it into the duffel.

Jisung dug around in his right pocket before finding the small black pager he needed. He pressed the button signaling to Chan he needed his assistance. After a few moments of silence, Chan's voice rang through the little device. "What's happening Jisung?" Chan asked, his voice filled with concern. Was the plan already failing?

"I need you to open the portal for me."

"Oh yeah, silly me." Chan facepalmed himself. "I'll send Felix and Jeongin over to give you the key to the portals."

"What?" Jisung slightly yelled. "Chan it's only your responsibility to hold the key, not some silly angel."

"Well you're not some silly angel, but I've already sent Felix and Jeongin to you with the key." Jisung sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Chan I cannot take that key."

"Well you have to." Chan spoke through the pager. "You'll need it more than I will, you'll have to go back and forth from here and earth. Besides," Jisung could practically hear Chan grinning through the pager. "It's God's orders."

"Hahaha, you're so funny." Jisung said mockingly. He heard a knock on his door and bid Chan goodbye. Jisung opened his door to a smiley Jeongin and an emotionless Felix.

"Hello Innie." Jisung brought in the boy for a hug and Jeongin wrapped his arms around Jisung's neck. "Hey Jisung." Jeongin spoke endearingly. Jisung barely looked in Felix's direction. "Felix."

Felix only nodded his head once. "Jisung." Felix and Jisung only ever acknowledge each other's presence when needed and of course whenever Changbin was around. Felix was oddly cold to Jisung and he never knew why, but Jisung was a firm believer in returning others energies.

"Here's the key Channie wanted us to bring." Jeongin held out a small golden remote with an open and close button with numbers below them to input coordinates. Jisung raised a brow teasingly. "Channie?"