|five|

A loud scream pierced through Jisung's ears and woke him from his deep slumber. It startled him greatly, and he let out a light squeak and fell off the bed from the shock. Jisung groaned after landing on his wings.

Minho having now spotted Mrs. Lee's heels, he ran over to them and chucked one shoe at Jisung. "OW!" Jisung yelled and rubbed the spot on his forehead.

Minho held the other shoe in his hand, ready to throw. "Who are you?" Minho shouted at the angel.

Jisung, who was still trying to wake up, opened his eyes to see a terrified Minho, holding a pointy shoe above his head. Shit.

Jisung pinched himself hard before answering, and sure enough, this was definitely real.

"Han Jisung." He answered.

Minho gripped the shoe tighter. "How long have you been here?"

Jisung stood up slowly. "I don't know...5 days?"

"5 DAYS???"

"Can you chill out Minho?" Jisung whined. He rubbed his temples out of stress. He really never thought he'd find himself in the situation where a human has seen him.

Minho's eyes went so large, his eyes could've bulged out of his head. He chucked the other shoe at the angel, but Jisung successfully dodged it. "HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME STALKER?" Minho rummage through the duffel bag next to him and pulled out a knife, holding in front of him.

Jisung put his hands up. "Woah there, you do not know how to use that properly! Put that down!" Jisung retorted.

"Why do you have a bag of weapons? In my HOUSE!" Minho could feel his heart racing laps at the unknown person in front of him. "Were you planning on killing me?"

"NO! Of course not!" Jisung took a few slow steps towards Minho, ready to defend himself at any moment. Minho, horrified that the man in front of him was coming to him, gripped the knife tighter.

"What are you doing in my house?" Minho's voice wavered.

"I'm an angel." Jisung blurted. After realizing what he just said, he gulped. Why did I just blatantly out myself?

Minho scoffed. "Yeah, right."

"Do you not see these wings you imbecile?" Jisung furrowed his brows at Minho's oblivious actions. Minho's eyes averted slightly to the left and swallowed dry after laying eyes on large white wings. Minho set the knife down and walked toward Jisung, tugging on his wings.

Jisung slapped his hands away. "That hurts! Stop that!"

Minho rolled his eyes. "Those aren't real."

Jisung flapped his wings to lift himself into the air. Minho sucked in a quick breath and didn't exhale. "Tell me they're not real now."

Minho's vision suddenly became black. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fainted, falling backwards. Jisung gasped and flew a little forward to catch him. "Minho!"

Jisung successfully wrapped his arms around the boy's torso and prevented him from body slamming on the ground. Jisung sighed, and swung an arm from his torso to move it under his legs. He then carried the unconscious boy downstairs to his couch and waited for him to wake up.

—-

Minho lightly groaned at the sun rays that hit him in the face. After a few hours, he was finally stirring in his sleep and waking back up. Minho squinted his eyes further shut and used his left hand to block the sunlight. "I just had the craziest dream." Minho muttered to himself. However, Minho was proven wrong after slowly opening his right eye and gazed upon the angel boy. "Ah do you need me to cover the sun for you Minho?" Jisung asked out of concern. As he popped an orange slice in his mouth, the boy extended a wing to cover the sunlight.

"Oh my god it was real." Minho whined. He rubbed his temples trying to get rid of the forming headache.

"Hey!" Jisung yelled, throwing an orange slice at Minho's face. "Don't use Chan's name in vein like that."

Minho shrugged and popped the orange slice in his mouth. "I have no clue what the hell is going on here."

"Nuh uh," Jisung shook his finger. "It's heck."

"Oh I'm sorry angel princess, what the heck is going on here." Minho retorted, sarcasm laced throughout his voice. Although he knew Minho was not trying to be kind in any way, the nickname sent butterflies through Jisung's stomach.

Jisung stood still for a few seconds only staring at the taller boy on the couch. He snapped out of his trance and cleared his throat. "Minho how are you feeling?" Jisung continued to eat his orange.

Minho rubbed the back of his neck. "Pretty unsettled."

Jisung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Why would you be?"

Minho crossed his arms. "Oh I'm not sure....maybe because there's an angel with large ass wings popping oranges in his mouth sitting in my living room like nothing odd is going on?"

Jisung rolled his eyes and scoffed. "It's not THAT weird. You're freaking out over nothing."

Minho pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. He sighed and continued to rub the top of his nose. "I didn't even know such creatures existed." Minho muttered.

"We're not 'creatures' Minho. That's kind of rude of you to say." Jisung felt the need to yell at Minho but he wasn't sure why. It was like a school girl so nervous in front of her crush she just screamed nonsense at him. But it definitely wasn't a crush.

Minho shook his head. "No no, that's not what I meant....I meant I didn't know anything other than human existed." Minho sighed. Minho really didn't want to exert any more energy than he had to. This felt draining enough.

Jisung forgot he wasn't human for a split second. "Oh." He managed to squeak out. "Well," Jisung fluttered his wings. "These do look like a lot to take in." Jisung giggled.

Minho could feel his heart beat a little harder hearing the angel in front of him giggle about his wings. He pushed down the feelings before continuing. "Are you that presence that's been looming around me the past few days?"

"Yes! Do you know how hard it was to do my job with you looking over your shoulder every 5 seconds?" Jisung whined.

"What job?"

Jisung froze and did not respond.

"Why are you here Jisoon?"

"Jisung." He deadpanned.

"Yeah yeah, I was in a state of shock when you told me." Minho rolled his eyes. "Tell me Jisung."

Jisung sighed and walked over to the other couch, plopping down on the cushions. What do i tell him? He's not even supposed to know anything.

Jisung ran a hand through his longer black locks and straightened his posture. "I've been sent here to protect you." He stated in a monotone manner.

Minho blinked at the angel man in front of him. "Why?"

"I've been asking myself the same thing! I'm not a guardian angel, I'm a warrior angel who is supposed to be leading my soldiers into victory-" Jisung ranted before Minho cut him off.

"No I didn't ask why you were sent to protect me. Why were you sent to protect me?" Minho was starting to think that the unsettling feeling in his gut had a reason to feel that way.

Jisung gulped. How do you tell someone Hell's strongest demon was hunting them down to steal their soul to let them rot in the depths of Hell?

Technically what he said next wasn't a complete lie.

"I... don't know."

~~~

A/N: ayooooo I'm about to publish this book

And I'm graduating in a month, how exciting