|nine|

All he heard was screaming.

Jisung shot out of his bed in an alarmed manner. The continuous howling and crying pierced through his ears. Constant cries for help echoed in the halls and rooms. Minho's cries for help.

Jisung ripped the blankets off himself and cursed himself for falling asleep. The demon, more known as Yeosang, was smart to attack Minho while they were both unconscious. Jisung scowled at the thought of the boy.

He sprinted across his bedroom to the duffel bag buried in the closet. He rummaged around the bag for a few seconds before whipping out a dagger and some holy water. He gripped both items before storming out of the guest room, ready to fight for Minho's life.

However, when Jisung stormed through the hall and into Minho's bedroom, no demon was found, and more importantly, no gut instinct telling him a demon was near. Jisung's confusion was soon interrupted with another plea for help.

Jisung immediately dropped his weapons and ran to Minho's bedside. The boy was wailing loudly and his eyes were screwed shut. The human boy was having a nightmare.

Minho's tears stained his pillow in large spots. His body was shaking rapidly and his muscles were tensing every few seconds. He was gripping his pillow for dear life, waiting for someone to save him from his mind.

Jisung lightly shook his body as he choked up. "Minho wake up."

"Stop! Don't hurt me!" The boy sobbed. He was still stuck in the events in his head even with Jisung trying to help him escape.

Jisung teared up watching the boy convulse in fear and beg for whatever poisoned his mind to hurt him. He shook him a little harder trying to snap him out of his trance. "Minho it's me. Please wake up." He choked out.

"Please help me. Jisung help me." Minho wailed unconsciously.

"I am, it's me, Jisung. I'm here Minho. Wake up!" Jisung shook Minho harder, and Minho's eyes finally shot open. He struggled to sit up and hyperventilated from the nightmare. "Minho I'm right here, it's okay." Jisung placed his hands in Minho's shoulders. Minho turned his head to the right to face Jisung. "I-I'm so sorry, I woke you up." Minho cried, rubbing his eyes.

"Don't worry about me." Jisung whispered, soothingly rubbing his thumb over his shoulder blade. "I needed to make sure you were okay."

Minho sniffled and wiped his nose on his arm. "I was so scared." Minho spoke in a frail manner.

"It's okay, I'm here for you." Jisung smiled, but since it was dark, you could hardly see anything besides the moonlight pouring through the window. "What happened in that pretty little head of yours?"

Minho shook his head and gripped Jisung's arm for dear life. "I don't wanna talk about it." Minho sniffled, avoiding eye contact with the angel.

Jisung only nodded and stood up. "Well if you're feeling better, I'll go back-"

"No wait," Minho grabbed his hand to hold him back. Jisung's wings and heart lightly fluttered at the action. "Please stay with me." Minho whimpered. "I'm so scared."

Jisung turned around to face the fragile boy and nodded. Minho scoot over and Jisung climbed into the boy's bed to get under the covers. "Will you hold me?" Minho whispered.

"Yes." Jisung choked out. He laid on his back and let Minho wiggle himself into his arms. Minho wrapped his arms around Jisung's waist and laid his head on his chest. Jisung was terrified the human could hear his heart exploding in his chest. Instead of focusing on his heartbeat, he focused on the scared boy on top of him. He tangled his right hand in his hair and his left arm loosely hanging around his back. Lastly, Jisung wrapped both wings around Minho to help him feel safe.

Minho felt the feathers ticking his back and he smiled to himself.

The boys stayed in silence for a few minutes. "Jisung?"

The angel hummed in response.

"Can you make the nightmares go away?"

Jisung began to lightly scratch Minho's scalp and run his fingers through his brown locks. Minho sighed in satisfaction. "Not completely. But I can make your dreams more bearable by sending you good energy."

"Please help me." Minho shut his eyes. "I'm terrified to go back to sleep."

"I can do it, but you need to be asleep if I do." Jisung could practically feel Minho's heartbeat rise in fear. "It's okay." Minho whispered. "I'll try to be okay."

Jisung continued to play with Minho's hair and drew multiple patterns on the boy's back. "You're safe with me. Don't worry. If you get another nightmare, I'll be here to wake you up."

"Will you sing to me?"

Jisung took a moment to think. "Okay."

Minho hummed as a thank you and slowed his breathing.

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing I know
When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

Minho's eyes slowly fluttered shut at Jisung's lovely voice filled the atmosphere. He allowed his heart rate to slow down, because he felt safe within Jisung's wings.

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Our hearts were never broken
And time's forever frozen, still

As Jisung stopped singing for a moment, he could hear the soft snores from the human boy. He smiled as he continued to sing.

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me close until our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home

Jisung started to hum the rest of the song as his right moved from Minho's scalp to his temple. Jisung lightly pressed on his temple as he planted the energy into his mind. A golden pattern inserted itself into Minho's temple and faded within seconds.

Jisung moved his hand back to Minho's scalp and rubbed patterns through his hair. His breath hitched thinking about the earlier events of Minho's pleas for help.

"I promise to protect you Lee Minho." Jisung whispered, glancing down at the sleeping boy. "No matter what I'll have to do to keep you safe."

~~~

Don't judge me but I totally imagined the golden pattern as when rapunzel saved Flynn rider with her tears, yeah imagine that