|twenty three|

Minho didn't know how long he was falling, but he knew he had to have been for a while.

He was falling down and down in a pitch black of nothing. He knew his fate and he would think he was close to finally hitting some sort of ground, but the longer he fell to his destination, the more he thought about how far down Hell must be.

Minho was screaming at the top of his lungs but his voice eventually gave out. It was truly hopeless to shout for help.

However, Minho had accepted his fate long before he was brought down by demons. He knew he had to save Jisung. He couldn't let the boy give his second life, he couldn't lose Jisung at all. He fathomed the thought of a world, a life, without his precious angel boy.

No matter what had happened tonight, Minho would lose his life and his soul to be delivered to the devil. If Jisung had died, Seonghwa would've won so effortlessly. Minho had sealed his own fate the second he sent Jisung away. The thought of being in Hell, for Chan knows how long, sent shivers tingling down Minho's spine, and quite frankly, reminded him all too well of the traumatic nightmares he'd been having. But he'd die a million times over and be pushed down the portal to Hell if it meant he saved Jisung's last grasp of life.

Minho absolutely refused to believe that was the last he'd see if Jisung. He'd make sure of it.

Minho whole-heartedly believed Jisung was going to come and save him. Jisung always did. Even though he was falling into the hot pits of the underworld, he could never come to the conclusion Jisung failed him. Minho was aware that he was the one to let go of Jisung's grip and that he gave his life to save Jisung's. Of course he would save the one he loves, because it was his turn to save Jisung. Minho really thought the angel had saved him on multiple occasions, in more ways than one.

Even if Jisung didn't come to save him, Minho would crawl his way out and think of something. He was perfectly positive that he would be reunited with his love one day. They could finally get their happily ever after.

After what felt like hours of gravity pulling him down at miles per hour, Minho finally slammed on the ground, which felt like cold stone against his open flesh. Minho groaned to himself and finally opened his eyes, taking in pretty much the same color palette. It was as if the sky around him was pitch black but he could faintly spot the dark grey stone beneath him. He picked himself up off the ground, surprisingly feeling no symptom of pain. Minho dusted his pants off and checked himself for injuries, and to his astonishment, he found none. Any human who had broken their fall that hard would've died in an instant.

Oh wait, I guess I'm not human anymore.

Does this mean the powers Jisung told me about have kicked in?

Before Minho could truly bombard himself with questions, the sound of large gates had opened. He sharply turned over his right shoulder and his eyes widened at the blood-red gates to Hell, opening very slowly to reveal what truly lies behind.

Seonghwa, who had hidden behind the gates step forward. "I need you to come with me Minho."

Minho snarled and stepped forward, ready to attack his opponent. "I'm not going anywhere with you."

Minho prepared to leap forward and pounce on Seonghwa as his emotions swirled around his stomach. Looking at the boy made him filled with rage and the feeling of betrayal. As he tried to attack Seonghwa, the demon simply placed a hand harshly on Minho's chest, preventing him from going any further. "You're going to come with me whether you like it or not." Seonghwa stood stern in his place. Even though Minho saw him as a friend, Seonghwa merely saw him as his mission. He saw Minho as his way to up his reputation with Satan and his fellow demons. After he had finally sunk his claws into Minho's shoulders and dragged him down to Hell, he couldn't care less what happened to the boy. "Now come along. There's someone who wants to meet you."