|fourteen|

Jisung's eyes were glued to the screen in front of him. His eyesight hadn't been ripped away from the screen in a couple of hours. He was very invested with the game he was playing.

As Minho walked down the stairs and rolled his eyes after laying his gaze upon Jisung. "You know you haven't taken your eyes off that phone ever since I bought it for you."

"Uh huh," Jisung responded half heartedly, eyes not torn away from his game. "Minho this game is so addicting. Have you ever played Candy Crush? You have to switch out candies to match other ones-"

"Yeah I know." Minho interrupted, sitting next to Jisung. "Can we do something?"

"Like what?" Jisung swiped a yellow candy with a purple and created a color bomb. "Oh a special candy!"

"Jisung," Minho lightly pushed the phone down out of Jisung's vision and the angel pouted at the other. "I wanna hang out with you and spend time with you, you know." Minho spoke delicately as if he was talking to a little boy.

Jisung blinked and looked away from the human. It made him quite flustered and his stomach started to turn at the gesture.

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings-"

"No," Jisung shook his head and smiled at the boy next to him. "It's just nice to know you wanna hang out with me."

"Why wouldn't I wanna hang out with you?" Minho cocked his head to the side, genuinely confused. "You're like my best friend."

Ouch.

"Oh." Jisung one again broke eye contact with Minho and tried to control the tears gathering in his eyes, waiting to break the dam and flow out of their ports. Jisung sniffled and shook his head. "Too bad, Changbin is mine." Jisung tried to joke.

Minho rolled his eyes. "The minute I try to be vulnerable with you, you always decide to be a sarcastic bitch."

Jisung giggled. "Do you want me to smack you with my wing?"

"No, definitely not."

"That's what I thought." Jisung wiped his cheek as he felt a small tear drop down his right cheek.

"Jisung, are you crying?" Minho asked, his voice laced with a concerning tone. "Did I upset you?"

Minho cupped Jisung's cheek to look into the boy's eyes and searched into his golden flecks for any sadness underneath. Jisung let him, but wanted his heart to stop pounding for the boy in front of him.

I'm dead, and my heart won't stop beating for Minho.

"Just that I can't hit you with my wing." He muttered, quickly finding a scapegoat to his real emotions. Jisung moved his face away from Minho's hands and quickly changed the subject. "What did you wanna do?"

"Maybe this is too much to ask..." Minho's voice trailed off as he played with the cuticles on his fingers.

"Nothing is too much." Jisung reassured.

"I wanna know what it's like to fly."

"What?" Jisung exclaimed. "I thought you didn't like heights."

"I don't but," Minho started. "I'd be with you. Looking over the lights in the city sounds fun and I know you'd keep me safe." Minho slipped his semi-cold hand into Jisung's warmer one. "I feel protected when I'm around you."

Jisung tried to stay focused on his thoughts, but he was getting off track thinking about Minho's hands in his. It felt like a perfect mold together, and that they fit like two puzzle pieces. When their fingers were interlocked, it was almost like a protective layer over each other's hands, letting each other know they were there for one another.