|eight|

Minho pushed the shopping cart as he felt a light weight holding onto his left arm. He snickered to himself at the invisible angel. "Why are you holding onto me so tight angel boy?" He whispered.

Jisung's flustered nature began to poke at him and a blush rose to his invisible cheeks. Jisung cursed to himself for getting so worked up over a literal term.

"Hey I have a name you know." Jisung played it off.

"Yeah but you're an angel...quite literally."

"Oh really?" The angel spoke in a sarcastic manner. "Are you sure? What makes you think that?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe those large flappy things attached to your back?" Minho poked Jisung's invisible arm. "Unless you're some sort of bird."

"Hey!" Jisung used his wing to slap Minho back in the head. Minho let out a small 'ouch' and rubbed the back of his head. Those wings are strong. "Don't insult my species like that you animal!"

"I'm a MAMMAL." Minho looking in Jisung's general direction and held a finger in front of his face to correct him. "Goodness, you really are so old, your education was so limited."

Both boys giggled together in harmony, and Jisung held his stomach from laughing too hard. Once Jisung calmed down from his laughing high and looked around to see a couple of people staring at Minho with concern. The angel cleared his throat to signal at the human boy to stop laughing. Minho took his first deep breath. "What?" He responded entirely clueless.

"People think you're going crazy talking to air."

Minho looked at his surroundings to spot the few people narrowing their eyes at him. He let out a small 'oh' and continued to walk through the aisles, noting to himself to not look in Jisung's direction while he talked to him.

Minho began pushing the cart into the bread aisle with Jisung following behind him. As Minho looked at the bread, he made out a small gasp coming from next to him. Minho hummed to ask what was the problem. "Why is this so expensive?" Jisung whined.

"What do you mean, Sung?" Minho replied plainly. He didn't bother to spare a glance in the angel's direction.

"Bread when I was alive was 3 times cheaper than it is now. This goes for everything! Do they think everyone is rich or something?" Jisung scoffed.

Minho finally glanced in the general direction of where he heard the angel's voice and he sharply inhaled at the sight of a loaf of bread floating in the air.

"Jisung put the bread down!" Minho swiftly took the bread from the invisible boy and placed it back onto the shelf. "Hey I was holding that!" Jisung whined.

"The bread was floating you dummy." Minho muttered.

"Oh," Jisung giggled to himself. "I'm invisible. Right. I won't touch anything else mom."

"God you are so sarcastic."

"What did I tell you about using Chan's name in-"

"Oh my goodness, Minho?"

Both boys turn to face the large group of 8 boys, but they both experienced different feelings. While Minho was happy to see some of his friends, Jisung could feel his heart stop at the demon senses tingling. His eyes were doe-like watching Minho hug each and every boy, and Jisung truly forgot how to breathe.

Once Minho came back behind his shopping cart and next to Jisung, the angel boy tightly wrapped his wing around Minho, which made the human boy extremely confused.

"Hey! What are you all doing here?"

One of the taller boys with grey hair spoke up. "We're having a get together tonight. Do you wanna come?" The boy put a hand on Minho's shoulder with a warm smile, and a low growl emitted from Jisung's throat. Upon hearing this, Minho gently pushed the hand off his shoulder. "No thank you Seonghwa, I'm okay."

"Aww come on hyung!" One spoke. "It'd be a lot of fun! I know you're really busy lately."

Minho reached forward to ruffle the boy's hair but Jisung's wing held him in place. "I'm a little busy Jongho. Don't worry about me!"

As the boys continued to converse, one boy with sharper eyes and black hair stayed quiet. He looked like he was slightly plotting or examining the situation in front of him with his arms crossed on his chest. This caught Jisung's attention, especially because the demon was basically within his reach. Jisung cocked his head to the side trying to study the boy when suddenly he met eyes with Jisung.

Jisung's breath was caught in his throat. How could this boy see him? Can he even see Jisung? This has to be him. He's the demon! I have to keep my eye on him.

He's closer to Minho than I'd like him to be.

Jisung's wing clutched onto Minho tighter until it was so uncomfortable, his lungs felt like they could collapse. "It was so nice to talk to you guys, but it feels a little crowded right now, like I can't breathe." Minho seethed the last two words, nudging Jisung with his feet to loosen his grip. Jisung complied but still clung onto Minho. "I think I'm gonna check out now. I hope to hang out with you guys soon!"

The 7 boys, except the demon-like boy, waved at Minho, and walked away. As Minho continued to push the cart, Jisung wrapped his arm around Minho's, which sent Minho's heart into a slight frenzy. "Minho who was that?"

"O-Oh they're my friends. I hang out them sometimes." Minho replied, his focus still on the arm tangled in his.

"What about the quiet one?"

"His name is Yeosang."

"I don't want you anywhere near him." Jisung spoke in a demanding manner. Minho snapped out of his trance at Jisung's sudden statement. "What? Why?"

"It's him. He's putting you in danger."

"And how exactly do you know that?"

"I think he saw me Minho. It's like his eyes were boring into my skull. I could feel the inhuman nature bleeding off of him."

Minho sighed. "Jisung he spaces out a lot. He could've just been staring off into space like normal."

Jisung removed his arm from its place around Minho's, which Minho almost whined at how cold it became. "And why was he so quiet? It looked like he was shooting daggers out of his eyes into you. He looks like he hates you!"

"He's always quiet. He's like that with anyone. Yeosang is not a very social guy. You've got nothing to worry about angel." Minho spoke with a soothing tone.

Although Jisung was going weak at the knees of the quite literal term, he wasn't going to give up so easily. It was pretty clear that Yeosang had no good intentions with Minho, and he was ready to protect Minho at any cost.

~~~