|nineteen|

I love him.

I really love him.

Minho sat on the couch, gnawing at his cut down nails and irritated skin, trying to push through the spurts of anxiety he was experiencing. He never thought of his feelings towards his guardian angel until last night as Jisung lulled him to sleep. After thinking about it, Minho realized his strong feelings had developed for Jisung a long while ago. He could confidently state that he was in love with Jisung.

But of course, this situation was extremely complicated, and Minho's heart couldn't settle down for anything.

Minho wished he could leap into Jisung's arms every waking moment. He desperately wanted to run to Jisung, letting his feet stomp on the ground in every step to push him faster towards the angel. Minho wanted to place kisses on every spot of Jisung's body, especially his wings. He wanted the blonde all to himself for the rest of his life.

But did Minho have much of a life left? Even if he did, would Jisung even be around to see it once this mess is over?

Minho knew deep down that Jisung would be gone the second his mission was completed. He couldn't stay. Jisung had a job to do up in Heaven.

Minho's eyes welled with tears and his lower lip trembled. He felt so selfish for wanting Jisung to himself when Jisung had so much more to amount to, when Jisung had a very important purpose. His eyes fluttered shut as tears silently streamed down his face. The urge to run upstairs to Jisung was almost unbearable. Minho squirmed on the couch trying to restrain himself from acting on that urge.

He wanted to bolt up the stairs into the blonde boy's arms and feel the weight of the wings circling him in. Minho wanted to hear Jisung whisper in his ear that he'd be alright and that he'd do anything for him. Minho wanted to tell Jisung all his feelings but Minho knew he had to keep them to himself.

What would Jisung even say? He's only here for one purpose. That purpose is to keep Minho alive.

Minho's train of thought was shattered when he heard footsteps from the stairs. "Minho I'm ready to go to school with you."

Minho furiously wiped the tears on his face and stood up.

It's not like he would feel the same. He's got a job to do and that's it.

"Okay." Minho muttered as he stood up.

"Woah Min are you okay?" Jisung questioned the human, genuine concern arising in his heart.

He doesn't care Minho. He's just going to leave you in the end.

"I'm fine. Stop asking silly questions." Minho lightly snapped at him. He didn't intend to sound so vile, but his tone took another route. Jisung was slightly taken aback from Minho's response, but he only shrugged it off. He assumed after last night, Minho was still probably very shaken from all the information Jisung had laid on him.

"Alright." Jisung had settled on the one word response. At least Minho was still in his sight and under his protection.

The two boys left the house on the seemingly cloudy morning and no words were spoken between them. Jisung was utterly confused at the lack of Minho's words since Minho was usually very perky and cheerful, considering the lack of sleep he had for the past while.

Maybe the lack of sleep is finally catching up to him?

Jisung tried to slip his hand into Minho's but the human boy tugged his hand away the second Jisung's hand made contact with his. Although it wasn't pouring outside, there was rain parading over Jisung's heart. His mood was suddenly very gloomy.