50. {never-ending song}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

july 4th
starcourt mall

currently johnathan and nancy were in the front of the car, with tilly groaning in pain in the back, will and lucas on either side of her. seated in the trunk was steve and robin - their radio projecting dustin and his girlfriend's voice.

"wait, wait, wait! okay. okay. okay. shit." dustin grunted in slight irritation, "♪ turn around, look at what you see. in her face, the mirror of your dreams ♪"

"is this real?" tilly grimaced as will and lucas shared a look of utter confusion. "or have i passed out and am dreaming this?"

"♪ make believe i'm everywhere, given in the light ♪" they harmonised, "♪ written on the pages is the answer to a never-ending story ♪"

"dustin, i hate to interrupt. but what-" slater's voice was muffled through the radio's audio. he was quickly cut off by the two's melodic voices.

"♪ reach the stars, fly a fantasy ♪"

"he's catching up." tilly spoke out loud, although it was obvious and unnecessary.

"hit the gas!" lucas ordered.

"♪ dream a dream ♪"

"it doesn't go any faster!" nancy stated.

"♪ and what you see will be ♪"

"matilda?"

"i haven't got any energy left." tilly sighed as she brought her hand up, "but i-"

"♪ rhymes that keep their secrets will ♪"

"no!" steve called out from behind her, his head shaking. "it's too dangerous."

"he's right!" will yelled over the harsh wind and singing from the radio, "you're injured."

"i know!" she rolled her eyes at their protectiveness, "but he's gaining on us!"

"♪ unfold behind the clouds ♪"

"it's okay." nancy shook her head and turned to her boyfriend, "step on it!"

"i'm trying!" he yelled,

"♪ and there upon a rainbow is the answer to a never-ending story.... story ♪" the two finally finished.

"planck's constant is 6.62607004." suzie, from utah, told him.

"you just saved the world." dustin beamed, his voice full of joy.

"gosh, i miss you, dusty-bun." suzie gushed.

"and i miss you more, suzie-poo."

"i miss you more, multiplied by all the stars in our galaxy."