40. {glowing green cylinder}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

july 3rd
wheeler's basement - russian underground base

"i found them." el spoke with a bloody nose and a tie covering her eyes.

she had been searching for jim hopper and daniel as the two had been m.i.a for a while.

"where are they?" max asked.

"woods."

"woods?" lucas frowned.

"they're with... will's mom."

"my-my mom?" will questioned as tilly laid on him, fatigued.

"what are they doing?"

"ill... annoy." el stated, "they're going to ill-annoy."

"mike! breakfast!" karen wheeler yelled from upstairs.

"not now, mum!" mike hollered at her, "illinois? illinois, like the state? the state of illinois?"

"i-ill-annoy." el repeated, perplexed.

they all shared a look before sighing in defeat. max then moved over and slightly carried tilly to the bathroom, el slowly staggering behind them.

"does it still hurt?" max quizzed the two as she sat tilly down on the cold floor.

"only a little." el croaked.

"you?" the redhead turned to tilly.

"when i talk." tilly rasped.

"well, it's a good thing you two aren't mike, then." max joked,  "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. and you'd be in constant pain."

tilly let out a dry laugh, "accurate."

"blah."

the brunette turned to el who had been gazing at her, "el, i can tell your mad at me." tilly sighed, "is it about mike?"

"i-i saw you kiss him." el confessed.

"what?" max exclaimed.

"i did what?" tilly raised her brow.

"in the room at the pool." el continued.

tilly thought for a second, trying to recollect all her memories. once something came to mind, she began quickly shaking her head, "no, no. i was reaching for something behind him."

"it must have been the angle." max shrugged, quickly defending her.

"why would i kiss mike?" tilly laughed, "he has next-level cooties."

the two chuckled at her but then el frowned again, "you're wearing his jumper."

"the mind flayer is back." tilly explained, "i was feeling really cold and he was-"