37. {boys only}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

july 2nd
starcourt mall - hawkins community pool

"that keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the russian with this keycard also has a massive gun." dustin explained, "whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it."

"but there's gotta be a way in." robin huffed.

"well, you know... i could just take him out." steve suggested.

slater let out a snort as the other two looked at him in disbelief.

"take who out?" robin raised her brow.

"the russian guard." steve stated as he realised the looks he was receiving, "what? i sneak up behind him, knock him out, and i take his keycard. it's easy."

"did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" dustin asked.

"yes, dustin, i did." steve crossed his arms, "and that's why i would be sneaking."

"you're still on that ninja thing?" slater rolled his eyes.

"i don't need to tell you again how stealthy i am, wilkinson."

"ah, well, please, tell me this, and be honest," dustin spoke up, "have you ever actually... won a fight?"

steve paused, "okay, that was one time..."

"twice - jonathan. year prior?" dustin reminded him.

"listen, that doesn't count." steve sighed.

"yes, it does." slater talked.

"why wouldn't it?" dustin smiled, "because it looks like he beat the shit out of you."

"he did."

"it was..."

"you got a fat lip, crooked nose, swollen eye, a lot of blood..."

"just admit it."

"things that all added up..."

"that just might work." robin said to herself as she got up.

"robin? hey, robin!" steve called after her, "hey, what-what are you doing?"

"i need cash," she explained as she reached into the tip jar.

"well, half of that's mine." steve informed her.

"w-where you going?"

"to find a way into that room, a safe way." robin declared as she backed away, "and, in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. i'll be back in a jiff."

steve sighed and when he turned around, slater and dustin had been eating ice cream from the scoopers.

"oh, jeez." he ran his hands through his hair in frustration, "come on, guys, not the scoopers."