26. {kids' game}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

november 4th
byers' residence

they were now all in they byers' house, panicking in the main room. will was unconscious on the couch and tilly was laid on two dining chairs, her head on lucas' lap.

him and slater had cleaned and patched up tilly's scratches, with max instructing them.

"i'm sorry, bud." jonathan apologised to his sleeping brother, "sorry i wasn't there. i should have been here."

"hey tilly." lucas gave her a sad smile as her eyes fluttered open.

"she's up?" dustin leaned over.

"sam owens. dr sam owens." hopper spoke into the phone.

"what's going on?" tilly sat up and immediately touched her face, "what the-"

"how many people at the lab?"

"i don't know how many people are there!" hopper snapped, "i don't know how many people are left alive!"

"don't you remember?" max asked her.

"i uh..."

"have you contacted the police?"

"what's the last thing you remember?"

"resetting the breakers." tilly explained causing her dad to sigh, "what is on my face?"

"don't take it off."

hopper slammed the phone back onto its holder in pure frustration.

"they didn't believe you, did they?" dustin asked him.

"we'll see." hopper sighed.

"we'll see?" mike scoffed, his mood completely changing, "we can't just sit here while those things are loose!"

"for the first time in forever, mike is right." tilly groaned.

"we stay here, and we wait for help." hopper instructed before walking away.

the silence was killing tilly, so she got up and went to the bathroom. there she fiddled with her massive plaster, eager to know what was underneath.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the noise of people shuffling was what drew her out the bathroom. she stood behind the group as they stared at a drawing.

"excuse me." tilly spoke, dustin and lucas moved out her way and she stood next to mike.

"the shadow monster." dustin named the monster in the picture.