31. {day of the dead}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

june 28th, 1985
davis' residence - starcourt mall

the couple sat on the girl's bed comfortably: will on the headboard with his eyes on her as he relaxed on the pillow and matilda near the border, a book surprisingly in her hand.

the song 'you spin me round (like a record)' by dead or alive played in the background.

it had nearly been a year since the snowball and during that time, matilda joane davis had asked will byers to be her boyfriend. he was hesitant at first but once matilda had assured him that they'd take things slow, he said yes, obviously.

from time to time, will would give the girl soft kisses on her face to get her attention as she read before going back to humming.

the time matilda finally gave the boy her attention and quickly pecked him, the duo couldn't hear the door open over the loud music, now standing their was daniel davis.

"hey!" he yelled, "stop that now!"

they quickly pulled away and tilly ran over and slammed the door in his face.

"sorry dad!" she apologised.

daniel audibly groaned from outside the door before making his way back to his bedroom.

will and tilly burst out laughing as they had gotten away with it once again.

"what time is it?" will asked her as he turned down the music.

tilly turned to the clock before gasping, "shit!"

"we're gonna be late." will stood up and grabbed his backpack, "lucas is going to kill us."

"we aren't going to be late." tilly reassured him as they ran out the room, "we're leaving now!"

"try not to make out at the movies!" daniel called while he heard the two race down the stairs.

"ha-ha." tilly rolled her eyes, "bye dad!"

"goodbye dan." will added on.

"see you guys." daniel yelled.

the front door slammed shut and will ran over to his bike, "ready to go?"

she nodded, "race you there."

"cheater!" will cycled to catch up with her.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"i'm tired." tilly leaned on her boyfriend's shoulder.

the group was now waiting for their friend to meet them at the latest starcourt mall as he was behind time.