55. {basketball tournement}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

march 21st
hawkins high school

tilly scurried into the school hall, she had already given her crinkled-up ticket to the teacher outside meaning she was free to enter.

"matilda jo!" nancy wheeler smiled at the younger girl.

"hey nance." tilly waved at her.

"you up for taking some pictures?" nancy gave her a hopeful look. "from a different angle than mine."

tilly sighed, "yeah of course. i'll get the pictures developed from the pep rally and give them to you, if you want."

"that would be great." nancy nodded, "thank you!"

"no problem." tilly grinned as she made her way over to the bleachers. she saw steve in the section closest to the marching band and karl stood in front of him. this was perfect.

the girl made her way past multiple people as she walked over to the space.

"let's go, tigers!"

"hey karl." tilly greeted him.

"hi matilda, i didn't know you'd be here." karl furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"i'm here for lucas." tilly explained, making him nod. "what about you?"

"my sensei said we all have to be here, said it's only right that all the sports teams in this school support eachother." karl told her.

"barf." tilly cringed, "that is so sappy."

"rich coming from you, davis." steve grumbled.

tilly had an enormous smile on her face when she heard his voice, glad he had noticed her presence. the girl slowly turned around to face him, "steve 'the hair' harrington? king of hawkins high?"

"shut-"

"what are you doing here." tilly gasped, acting as if she was a big fan of the boy.

"here for the same reason you are." steve glared at her.

tilly shifted her gaze to the girl steve had brought, brenda tisdale. she had frizzy blonde hair and smelt like cheap perfume. she was a very pretty girl which confused tilly on why she would want to be caught dead with steve.