56. {california love}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

march 22nd
lenora hills, california - henderson residence

"flight 623 just landed from indianapolis and will be arriving at gate two."

"if eddie were here, he'd mock you," she told him when she first saw him. he didn't verbally reply to her, just sent her a glare. in mike's defence, it was six am and tilly clearly had lots of coffee beforehand.

"i mean without the sunglasses, you do look like you could be my dad." tilly shrugged, "apart from the fact that you're white."

the two were walking off of the plane and down the long path. mike was wearing the most unusual outfit, which made tilly crack up.

"thanks for stating the obvious." mike groaned. he had been stuck with tilly for a good four hours, so naturally, he was cranky.

"i mean, my dad is white. but he's my step-dad." tilly continued, the caffeine had clearly kicking in. "actually i don't like that. i prefer adoptive father, more formal."

"tilly-"

"i mean, it's not that flight attendants fault that she thought you were my dad." tilly continued, "it's a mistake that could happen to anyone."

"if you tell anyone that, you're dead." mike threatened.

"yeah, sure." tilly scoffed. she was buzzing, she had purchased everyone little gifts while mike had bought only eleven a present.

"flight 623 from indianapolis at gate two."

the two continued to walk behind everyone else on their flight, glancing around to see the byers family.

"mike, if you took those stupid sunglasses off, maybe you'd be able to-" tilly began.

"mike."

"mattie!"

they looked up to see both eleven hopper and william byers with large smiles on their faces. tilly gasped in excitement and ran over to them. once she was close enough, she dropped her carrier bag and suitcase so she could throw herself into will's arms.

"hey." will chuckled as they rocked on their feets.

it was will, her will. the boy had grown so much taller and his hair was shorter. he had a little more muscle but he was still william byers.

"i've missed you so much." she took a deep breath, her smile not faltering from her face.

"missed you too." will grinned while she squeezed him tighter.

since the byers moved, tilly and will's relationship had slightly altered. they were still extremely close and loved each other. however, if they were in love with each other? that was a different story.