51. {see you later}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ──

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ──

september 17th, 1985
byers' residence

the orange and grey u-haul van was parked outside the byers' house as they packed up.

"♪ turn around ♪", max and lucas vocalised from inside, "♪ look at what you see, in her face-"♪

the two, including dustin, tilly and slater, were in the living room packing and taping cardboard boxes shut.

"to you tilly!" lucas pointed to her.

"♪ the mirror of your dreams ♪" tilly sang, causing them to laugh but dustin's face stayed straight.

"♪ rhymes that keep their secrets, will unfold behind the clouds ♪" the trio harmonised.

"wait, did we get that verse right?" max interrupted them, "it's unfold behind the clouds?"

"you got it right, maxine!" slater nodded.

"yeah, whatever. but you're all butchering it, so could you please stop?" dustin rolled his eyes.

"come on dusty, just pretend they're suzie poo." slater nudged him.

"exactly, join in, dusty-bun." lucas blew him a kiss.

"yeah, come on, dusty-bun," max continued, "why don't you join us?

"come on dusty bonbon, don't be shy." tilly taunted.

"you guys are so funny, you should be on carson." dustin glared at them, "and you've just made that up."

the davis girl shrugged, "it's much better than dusty-bun."

"can't we just hear your rendition?" max begged.

"no."

"please?" max pleaded, "just one verse?"

"no. no way." dustin snapped, "it's reserved for suzie's ears and suzie's ears alone."

"how come we heard it?" slater taunted him.

"because-" he was cut off when they began singing again.

"♪ turn around, look at what you seeee ♪" they danced about, "♪ in their face the mirror of your dreams ♪"

"shut up, you guys." dustin groaned as he flipped them off.

"♪ rhymes that keep their secrets will-♪" they continued as slater joined in.

"stop!" dustin complained, "you guys, please, shut up."

tilly laughed at her best friend's irritation before getting to her feet. the girl dusted her jean shorts and began to make her way out of the main room, into will's old room.