Chapter 17 - Getting answers - part 1

(Your POV) shopping

I walk inside of another clothing store, looking over some of the dresses. I wanted to relax for a little while. Everything has been werewolf this and werewolf that... I need some girl time and some me time for a change. So what better way to do that, than to go shopping?

I grab a dress and hold it against me, looking myself over in a nearby mirror. "Not your color." I suddenly hear a women's voice say. I look over and my eyes widen when I see Kali standing there, Deucalion next to her. I look behind me, trying to find a way to escape.

"If you think about running, I wouldn't." Deucalion says with a smirk, making me frown at him. "What do you want? Can't a girl shop anymore without having their life in danger every single second?" I ask in disbelief, seeing him chuckle at that. "Don't worry, if I wanted you dead, you would be dead already." He says, making me frown.

"Well, that makes me feel better..." I say sarcastically. "So, to what do I owe this 'pleasure'?" I ask sarcastically, making Kali growl at me. "Watch it little girl." She says, making me look over at her. "Play nice Kali." Deucalion says seriously, before walking over to the dresses and picking a blue one. "Now this maybe?" he asks, giving me the dress.

I wearily take it from his hand, a frown evident on my face. "So what? Do you have a side job as a retail assistant that I don't know about?" I ask in disbelief, eyeing the dress. "I want us to be friends. As well as with Scott... You guys see me as the enemy, but I'm far from it." He says with a frown, circling me.

"Oh, I'm sorry... our bad. We must have gotten confused with all the 'trying to make Derek kill us' and 'slashing your claws at us' ordeal." I say annoyed, making him smirk again. "I like your fire... It reminds me of someone I cared about in the past." He says sadly, making me frown.

I sigh at this, now feeling uncomfortable. "What do you want?" I ask, making him look my way again. For someone who is 'blind', he sure knows where to look all the time. "Isn't it obvious?" he asks, making me frown at him. "Not really..." I say again. I look over at Kali, who is looking at me intently.

"I want you and Scott in my pack." He says, making me frown even harder. "But Scott and I aren't alpha's... why would you want us?" I ask confused, making Deucalion shrug his shoulders. "I think you really are selling your own abilities short here, Y/n... You have great potential." He says, making me swallow nervously.

"Well, we'll let you get back to your dress shopping and all... but think about it." He says, walking next to me and towards the door with his cain. "Oh and Y/n? Be a dear and give Scott the same message?" he asks, before Kali walks over to him and guides him out of the shop. When they leave, I sigh in relief and grab my phone, immediately calling Stiles and Scott.

....

(Your POV) Animal clinic

"What I don't get is why he's after us" I say confused, putting my hand in my hair out of frustration. "He wants Derek... So why is he trying to get to Scott and me as well?" I ask again. This makes Deaton look at me with a guilty look. I raise an eyebrow at this, and he suddenly tries to escape my gaze. "You know something... what are you not telling us?" I ask him, getting closer to him. This makes Scott and Stiles look up.

"I didn't want to be the one having to tell you this, y/n" he says, trying to walk away. I grab his arm and make him look my way. "What do you mean? Tell me what?" I ask, I then see some sadness in his eyes, making me loosen my grip on him.