Chapter 18 - Getting answers - part 2

(Stiles POV)

I'm at home, eating dinner with my dad, when suddenly his phone goes off. He stands from his seat and takes the call. I continue eating, but secretly try to listen in, trying to hear if it has something to do with another sacrifice.

"How long ago?" my dad asks in the phone, his eyes frequently glancing over at me. "Yes, I'll be there immediately." He then says, ending the call. I stand up and look at him expectantly. "Is it another body?" I ask, seeing him shake his head sadly. "Maybe you should sit down..." he then says, making me frown.

"Dad... what's going on?" I ask him, not moving an inch. "Lydia Martin just called in about an accident... Y/n crashed her car." My dad says, making me frown. "I thought she was with Matt..." I say confused. "She was probably on her way home... I need to go there and oversee everything." He says, grabbing his coat and keys.

"I'm coming with you." I say immediately, following him. "Stiles... I don't think that's such a good idea... I have no idea how badly she's hurt... I don't want you to see that." My dad says, making me shake my head. "If she's hurt, then I need to be there. I'm coming with." I say, seeing my dad sigh and then nod. "Ok, come on." He says, before going outside. I follow him closely behind, texting Lydia, Y/n and Scott.

...

(Your POV) crash site

The paramedics had shown up, with a few cop cars. The cops were taking pictures of the car and were looking for any sign of the man that I had mentioned to them. I had told them that a man came out of nowhere, making me swerve the car and crash a little further down the road. Of course, I didn't give them any details of what I had seen, knowing they would put me in a mental hospital if I had.

"Please follow the light with your eyes." One of the nurses says to me, pulling my focus back to her. I do as I'm told and sigh when she dims the light again. "Everything looks good... But I do recommend you riding with us to the hospital to get a scan." She says again, making me shake my head.

"Really, I feel fine. I had my seatbelt on, so I didn't really injure myself. The car makes it seems like a much bigger accident than it was." I say, seeing her look at me with worry. "You understand that you're going against medical advice here?" she then asks me, making me nod. "I understand." I say, making her sigh.

"Ok well, I'll need you to sign a few papers before you can leave." She says again, making me nod. She walks to the front of the ambulance to get some papers out of her bag. I see the sheriff's car pulling up, seeing Stiles in the passenger seat. He looks at me with worry and jumps out immediately when the sheriff's car comes to a stop.

He runs over to Lydia and me, stopping in front of us, panting heavily. "Are you ok???!!!" he asks me out of breath. "Are you?" I ask jokingly, seeing him frown at me. "Not funny..." he says annoyed, making me sigh. "Look I'm okay, I'll tell you about it later, alright?" I say, seeing him nod at me. He then suddenly pulls me into a hug, and comfortingly pats my back.

"I'm so happy that you're ok." He says with a sigh, making me smile. I lean back and push my lips on his, before hugging him tightly. Suddenly I hear someone clearing their throat. I look over and see Stiles' dad looking at the both of us. Lydia had already walked away, giving us some privacy, without Stiles and me noticing.

"How are you feeling?" Noah asks me with a sad smile. "I'm good. I was lucky..." I say, seeing him nod at me. "I'm glad you're fine kid." He then says, making me look up at him with a smile. He then pulls me into a hug as well, making my eyes slightly burn from blinking away tears. This has been the first time any adult has actually cared about how I'm doing, except for Derek.