Chapter 21 - Episode 7: Currents - part 3

(Your POV) school

"Okay, these are Deaton's keys for the clinic. Close your eyes, and I'm gonna put 'em in your hand, and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location. It's called psychometry," Stiles explains, prompting Lydia to shake her head.

"I'm not psychic," Lydia asserts firmly, almost earning a vain pop on Stiles' forehead. "You're something! Okay?" Stiles exclaims frustratedly. "Just, Lydia, put out your hand, and..." Stiles places the keys in her hand, causing her to shiver.

"Mmm..." Lydia murmurs, causing me to frown. "What?" Stiles asks, perplexed. "They're cold," Lydia remarks, shrugging her shoulders, which elicits a laugh from me. Stiles glances at me with narrowed eyes, and I quickly clear my throat, as if I hadn't been laughing a moment ago.

"Right... Lydia, focus," I interject, causing my sister to sigh loudly and close her eyes again. "Yeah, what is it? What do you see?" Stiles eagerly inquires when Lydia begins to furrow her brows with closed eyes. "Nothing," Lydia responds with a sigh.

...

(Third POV) music room

"Your heart's pounding, but it's not fear. It's anger," Deucalion observes, causing Scott to furrow his brows. Now that he knows Deucalion is actually Y/n's father, who abandoned her early in life, he feels a newfound anger towards him. He can empathize with Y/n now, given that his own father also abandoned him.

"I bet I know what you're thinking—'Does he have something to do with Deaton's disappearance? Tell you what... If you can take the cane away from me, I'll tell you exactly where he is. Now, what do you think?" Deucalion proposes, prompting Scott to focus on the cane.

He attempts to wrest the cane from Deucalion's grasp but fails. "Impressive, but you know I'm not the one slashing up innocent people, praying to ancient gods, or gathering herbs, or whatever the hell Druids are supposed to do. I am part of a pack that wants Derek dead, though," Deucalion elaborates, causing Scott to huff in annoyance.

"Kali is coming for him, so there's a difficult choice you're about to face, because someone is going to die tonight, and whether that's Derek or Deaton... that's up to you," Deucalion continues, making Scott's frown deepen. He doesn't want Derek to get hurt, but he needs to find Deaton first. "Just tell me where he is," Scott demands, but Deucalion only smirks in response. "I'll give you a very important clue-- let the current guide you," Deucalion cryptically remarks before exiting the room.

...

(Your POV) school

"Automatic writing?" Lydia asks skeptically, prompting me to shrug. "Can't hurt, right?" I suggest. Lydia sighs and begins to write. Peering at the paper, I frown as I see her drawing yet another tree. "Lydia, what are you doing? What... what the hell is that?" Stiles exclaims incredulously.

"A tree," Lydia states matter-of-factly. "A tr--? Lydia, you're supposed to be writing words—like, in sentences. Something that would tell us where he is," Stiles protests angrily, causing Lydia to shrug.

"Well, maybe you should've said that," she retorts sarcastically, eliciting a huff from Stiles. "Isn't she supposed to be some kind of genius?" Cora interjects impatiently, earning a frown from me. "Genius? Yes. Psychic? No," Lydia affirms sadly.

"Honestly, I don't even know why you're bothering with me, anyway... I mean, especially since it's obvious you should be talking to Danny," Lydia states, prompting me to raise an eyebrow in confusion. "What? Why Danny?" I ask, puzzled. "Because... Last night, he was a target... But he wasn't a sacrifice," Scott explains from behind us, causing me to turn and look at him.