Chapter 20 - Episode 7: Currents - part 2

(Your POV) school

I take my seat in front of Stiles, next to the window, while Scott settles into the one next to him. As I glance down at my phone, I notice a new text message. Opening it, I see that it's from Stiles. 'I'm thinking about you right now... can't wait to get my hands on you tonight,' it reads, causing a rush of warmth to flood my cheeks as I blush instantly.

"Good morning!" Jennifer's cheerful voice interrupts my thoughts, prompting me to quickly look up from my phone and attempt to hide my blush. I send a quick reply to Stiles, trying to cool both him and myself down. 'Stiles... we are in class... could you not right now?' I ask him in the text, before placing the phone back on my desk with a sigh, hoping to regain my focus on the lesson.

I get a message back immediately, making me look at my phone again. 'I know you like it . What's the matter? Am I turning you on too much? Cause you are turning me on the way you are sitting in front of me right now... I just want to come over there and bend you over your desk-' the text reads, I stop reading when I see where it is going. I look over my shoulder and see stiles smirking at me.

I lock my phone and place it in my backpack, deciding it's best not to be distracted by any more of Stiles' messages. "As you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing—" Jennifer's voice interrupts my thoughts, and I can't help but frown at her unfortunate choice of words. "--I mean sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay, so let's get started, shall we?" she continues, prompting a sigh from me as I reluctantly open my book, trying to focus on the lesson at hand.

"Hey, my dad said that the ER attending wasn't strangled but did die from asphyxiation-- they just don't know how," Stiles whispers, catching my attention. I glance back at him and Scott, listening intently. "Do you think the on-call doctor could still be alive?" Scott asks, his voice barely above a whisper. I shrug my shoulders in response. "I don't know... But Scott, there's got to be at least twenty other doctors in that hospital at least, you know? Any one of them could be next," I say, voicing my concern, with Stiles nodding in agreement beside me.

Right then, I notice Scott's phone light up with a notification. "Hey Doc. Sorry, I'm in class right now-- can I call you back later?" Scott whispers into the phone, causing me to furrow my brow in confusion. Why would Deaton be calling him right now? Curiosity piqued, I decide to listen in, eager to hear what Deaton might have to say.

"Unfortunately, no... I honestly thought I might never have to burden you like this, but I'm afraid, at the moment, you're my only hope," Deaton's voice filters through Scott's phone, causing Scott's eyes to widen in shock, and my heart to skip a beat. "I'm going to be taken. I need you to find me," Deaton says again, his words sending a chill down my spine. "Doc. Doc, doc, doc-- what's happening?" Scott frantically asks, his voice filled with concern, before he abruptly gets up and rushes out of the classroom, leaving me stunned and bewildered.

"McCall?" Jennifer asks, clearly confused, but Scott doesn't stop to explain. "Where is he going?" Stiles asks, equally puzzled, prompting me to meet his gaze with concern evident on my face. "Deaton is in trouble..." I say softly, my worry palpable. Stiles immediately stands up, determination etched on his features, and he grabs my hand, pulling me out of the classroom without hesitation. Miss Blake calls after us in confusion, but Stiles doesn't pause, his focus solely on reaching Deaton as quickly as possible.

As soon as we step outside, Stiles wastes no time and dials his father's number. After a brief conversation, he grabs my hand and pulls me into his jeep, swiftly starting the engine and driving off towards the animal clinic. As we speed towards our destination, my mind is consumed with worry for Scott, hoping he'll be okay and that we can find Deaton in time.