14

The voice that Scott heard left when Lydia approached him.

"What's wrong?" Lydia asked.

"I heard a familiar voice talking to me"

"Can you recollect what it said?"

"Um- he said that he is one of my worst nightmares and he knew what I was thinking"

"What do you mean?"

"I saw Malia and Newt being really cute and I thought 'should I spoil it?' and the voice replied 'Nah, they are really cute'"

"That is odd! If that happens again you should try to recall the voice or the way he speaks"

"My memories have started been erased!"

"Ask name, appearance, anything that is going to help us. We still have your phone full of the recordings"

"Oh yes! How is going with you and Thomas?"

"Really good! In fact, if Thomas didn't want to leave the maze I wouldn't."

"Even if we found Stiles?"

"Probably" she hesitated and Scott felt her unsure.

"Do you still believe we will find Stiles?"

"Can you please stop ask me?" She said really upset.

"I am sorry" she did not reply.

Lydia went to the treehouse waiting for Thomas. Thomas arrived really late.

"Where have you been?" They both said at the same time.

"I was with Scott," Lydia said. "You?"

"I was in the maze! I looked for you before I go in to inform you!" He said

"What? No, I was where we eat!"

"Anyway, um- how was your day?"

"Really bad! I was with Scott, he told me that he heard a voice and then he kept asking me questions about you and Stiles" she was about to cry.

"It is Ok, I don't know who Stiles is, if he is a good guy, so I can't compare him to me. But, if when you find him you want to be with him I will let you go. I just want to spend as much time as possible with you, but I want you to be happy." He confessed.

"I am happy when I am with you! I would never leave you for anybody!"

"I am so lucky to have you!" He hugged her.

~

A few moments later, Lydia and Thomas heard someone yelling. They went to the place where the voice sounded. It was Ben trying to attack Newt.

"It is your fault! It is Newt's fault!" He repeated again and again.

Everyone tried to save Newt. "You are not going to bite me again," Newt said and everyone looked at him in shock.

"What did you just said?" Thomas asked

"Nothing. Now, help me!"

As Teresa was trying to save Newt three bottles came out of her pockets.

"What is that?" Scott asked Teresa.

"I found them in my pockets when I first arrived." She said.

"This is the cure!" Lydia yelled. "Give them to me to make it." She continued and Teresa passed them.

"I am coming with you, Lydia!" Thomas said.

They went to the med-huts.

"I saw a scientist, making it!" She said turning on her phone.

"What are you going to do with that?" Thomas said pointing at the phone.

"I need a microscope! You don't have something similar. The phone is the closest one" she took a shaped object and gave it to Thomas.

"What?"

"I need a bit of your blood," she said.

"That is so stupid!" He said giving her the bloody object.

Lydia put it under the camera of her phone.

"I think it is perfect! It is ready! Listen, you will inject Ben and I will take care of Newt. They can both live!"

When Thomas injected Ben, Ben passed out. Lydia took care of Newt's bites.

"They had the flare!" Lydia said and everyone looked at her confused.

"I don't know what the flare is but I know that you are perfect for med-Jack" Gally shouted and everyone agreed.

"What is the flare?" Winston asked

"It is a virus," Scott said.

~

Malia, Thomas and Lydia were in the med-hut waiting for Newt to wake up.
They must have been waiting for hours when Newt woke up.

"Newt!" Malia said relieved.

"Thank you!" Newt said weakly.

"His bites are gone!" Malia said as she lifted his t-shirt.

"You saved him, Lydia," Thomas said proudly. Lydia blushed.

"He needs to rest. We should leave" Lydia said to Thomas.

"I- um-, yes you are right. Bye Newtie" Thomas said.

"Bye Tommy! Thank you really much, Lydia" Newt said trying to wave his hand.

"You are welcome!" She said, leaving holding Thomas' hand.

~

"Do you think he will fully recover?" Thomas asked concerned.

"To be honest, I am not sure. W.I.C.K.D hasn't found the cure and has been trying for three years. I hope he will recover soon!"

"I am just so concerned because Newt is like a brother that I never have or I don't remember."

"I know and I will do everything to help him!"

_______________

This is the 14th part. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it.

 Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it