23

Kira and Scott were talking about many things lately not only about Void. Kira liked Scott but she knew that there was no time for relationships.

~

The box closed and the letter was sent to the other side, to the person or the people who had sent the gladers in the maze.

"Ok, my weekly report is done. Dr. Page and her colleagues will be satisfied" she said quietly.

~

"I don't want to fight-" Malia said to Void.

"Well, I do," he said grabbing her hand.

"Why are you doing all this?" She tried to resist.

"To win the game"

"Oh great, now I understand everything," a female voice said sarcastically.

Void turned his head towards the voice and he saw Lydia with a baseball bat. She hit him in his head, he fell on the ground, Scott as an alpha bit him, hoping this wouldn't kill Newt, Newt's mouth opened and a figure familiar to Scott and Lydia appeared, it was exactly like a mummy wearing clothes. Newt's body was dead but the 'mummy' was alive. They had killed Newt and nothing had happened to nogitsune at all. They sacrificed Newt to kill the nogitsune but in the end, nothing happened. They lost their friend, their fellow glader, the glue. The nogitsune disappeared and left the three friends shocked, guilty that they did something that killed their friend.

After a while, all the gladers were around Newt's body trying to figure out what happened. Malia, Lydia and Scott did not say much as the gladers didn't know about supernatural creatures.

"We actually don't know what happened but as a med Jack I think he committed suicide." Lydia lied trying not to cry.

"I have to tell you something before you say that Lydia lied," he said as he expected to hear some glader accusing her of Newt's death."Some years ago, Newt tried to suicide, he climbed a wall and then fell. Hopefully, that time I was there so I rescued him, he wasn't injured badly but he got his limp and that is why he wasn't a runner anymore and why he was so worried about Thomas and Malia."

A tear was on Minho's cheek but he didn't wipe it. Thomas was trying not to cry but he couldn't so Lydia held his hand to make him feel better and Malia was feeling miserable.

"I didn't goodbye him," she said.

The whole glade was in mourning. Instead of parting as they used to every night, they decided to dedicate this day to Newt. Everyone, one by one, stood up and shared a memory with Newt.

"I remember him showing me and Scott the glade," Lydia said.

"I remember how excited he was when I came to the glade and when he saw a phone for the first time"

"I remember my first night in the glade when we were at the bonfire and he was explaining things about the maze about the gladers while we were drinking Gally's juice," Thomas said.

Thomas went to Newt's body and he saw a necklace. It had a small capsule that wrote Newt. He opened it and inside it was a letter. Thomas didn't want to open it so he just took it and worn the necklace.

____________________

That was the 23th chapter! Thank you for reading my story! I hope you enjoyed it.

Yesterday, I finished the fever code and I was wondering if you would like me to add some things for the fever code to this book!