20

The next day, Lydia would go to the maze, she was really excited. She woke up earlier than anyone else and waited for the runners to wake up and go into the maze. As she was waiting she saw Kira walking towards her.

"Morning" Kira said.

"Good morning! What do you think about the glade?"

"It is a really peaceful place. Unfortunately, it won't be for long. You know, the nogitsune is here and the Onis are kind of dangerous"

"I know. I would like to help you with the nogitsune and all these but I have to find a way to escape the maze."

"Don't worry, Scott will help me"

"Isn't he supposed to come with me?"

"He was, but he thought that the nogitsune was more important a matter, but Malia will be with you."

Before Lydia could say something Thomas woke up and kissed her on her cheek.

"Good morning!" He said in a very sweet way.

"Morning!" Lydia said.

"Are you ready for the maze?"

"Always!" She said and Thomas held her hand and went to the doors.

At the doors, Minho, Malia and Newt were waiting. When the doors opened Newt hugged Malia.

"Be careful, ok?" Newt said.

"I will" Malia replied.

"You are doing this every day!" Minho commented.

Lydia giggled and followed the others to the maze.

~

In the glade, Scott and Kira tried to find a way to get rid of the nogitsune without the help of the Onis.

"We need the triskelion box!" Scott said.

"We have to find a way to split the two of them!" Kira added.

"We can't tell Newt anything about it as we don't know when he is Newt or Void Newt!"

"Right... if we leave the maze we will be able to find the triskelion box and have Deaton help us"

"That is why Lydia hurried to find the exit"

"We can't do anything here except for keeping an eye on Newt"

~
Newt was with Sonya. She was helping him with the plants.

"How is it going with Minho?" Newt asked.

"I don't know. I cannot confess and I doubt if he likes me no matter what you say" she said upset

"Don't be so sure"

"What- why?" She asked confused.

"I don't know.." he said trying not to spoil anything and looking at Sonya in a very weird way.

"You know and I know it! So now tell me"

"I don't know," he said laughing. "Anyway, have you meet Kira?" He said trying to avoid any question of hers.

"Yes, it was really strange the fact that she said to keep an eye on you"

"I know, right?"

~

Meanwhile, in the maze Thomas, Malia and Minho tried to remember where the griever's body was.

"Malia, try to catch its scent," Lydia said.

"I can't!" She yelled.

They couldn't find it. But suddenly Lydia heard something.

"Hey, I heard a strange noise from Minho's backpack. Let me check" she said pointing to Minho's backpack.

"What is it?" Thomas asked as he looked at Lydia surprised.

"The weird thing is making that noise" she took it out of the backpack and moved it in many different directions when she solved the maze. "This thing shows us the way to get out! Follow me!"

____________________

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it! I am extremely happy for the 800 reads and 220 votes! I love you so much.❤❤

❤❤