Chapter 24: Not everything works out

Chapter 24 is here~ I don't own cardfight vangaurd at all so let the chapter start!
*won't do full or proper cardfights ever because it's too hard •<• *

The smaller boy pursed his lips, unsure whether the compliment was genuine or just meant to lighten his spirits.

"I guess I could try..."

The brunette let lose a small smile at the younger boy's words, he looked on the desk and located the royal Palidan deck that gave Aichi strength.

"Good here's you're deck, try to pick out you're starting vangaurd"

Kai said as he handed the blue haired boy his deck, Aichi frowned, suddenly thinking that the older teen was going on a whim.

"Okay... How bout this card?"

The younger boy said as he pulled out his favourite card and avatar, blaster blade.

"Why did you choose that card Aichi?"

The brunette was curious as to why the younger boy had managed to pull his one copy of blaster blade.

The smaller boy shrugged and blushed slightly when he guessed that he hadn't managed to pull a grade 0 card.

"It just drew me towards it.... I'd take it that I didn't pull the right grade card.."

The brunette nodded as he shuffled the blaster blade into the deck.

"You didn't pull one but you did manage to pull your avatar"

Kai sighed as he handed the deck back to the blue haired boy.

"Oh..... So I try again?"

The brunette thought for a moment before thinking up a way for the smaller boy to tell the difference between his cards.

"No, maybe if I put one kind of each grade in front of you so that you can learn what each grade feels like"

The smaller boy frowned at the brunette's words, beginning to lose confidence in being able to continue being a vangaurd player.

"Kai..... Shouldn't all vangaurd cards feel the same?"

Aichi I quieted as he gently touched one of the cards that the older teen had laid out.

"I can't feel a difference but maybe you could because I've heard that people who are blind's senses are enhanced to make up for their lack of sight."

The brunette said, he really wanted the smaller boy to not give up, the impact vangaurd had on his life was too much for Aichi to just give up.

"Kai.... That may be right but I don't think the creators made it so that the cards of different grades have different textures"

The smaller boy replied as he began trying to feel any difference between a grade three and one card.

"I guess....."

The smaller boy smiled sympathetically at the brunette, he could tell that the older teen was desperate to have him be able to play vangaurd.

"Kai it's okay, even if I'm unable to play I'll still have vangaurd as one of my most favourite things."

The smaller boy said as he carefully held a card with a slight smile, jade eyes narrowed at the boy, the brunette could tell that the younger boy was actually distressed despite his words.

"Maybe someone could help you know what cards you have while you battle"

Aichi tilted his head in confusion, not quite understanding the meaning of the older teen's words.

"So three people would be participating in the cardfight?"

The idea sounded ridiculous to the younger boy, he had never heard of something like that happening before.

"Yeah, though you may not be able to participate in any national fights, at least you would still be able to cardfight"

The blue haired boy liked the idea, however it would mean that he would have to bother someone to help him.

"Kai, I'm fine, as long as I have you, my friends, and my deck I'll be fine"

The smaller boy whispered as his hands found the brunette's and took hold of them.

"But-"

"Kai, I know you're trying to make me happy but it's fine.... Not everything in life works out perfectly..."

The blue haired boy sighed, not wanting the brunette to continue to try to think of ways for him to be able to cardfight.

The brunette sighed and allowed the smaller boy to have his way, even if he still wanted him to cardfight.

"Okay...."

The defeated tone of the brunette cause the smaller boy to lean against him slightly.

"It's fine Kai, please don't sound so upset or you'll start to make me feel upset."

Aichi whispered before looking up towards the brunette with his sightless eyes. The brunette smiled slightly as he looked into the sightless blue orbs, if it wasn't for the lack of life within them, he wouldn't have been able to tell at that moment that the boy was blind.

"Okay, I'm sorry it's just it isn't fair"

"Shush!"

The brunette was startled by the sudden squeak of silence that emitted from the younger boy.

"Aichi..."

The younger boy blushed as he smiled, content that the brunette had stopped from talking about sad things that he himself was all too aware of.

"Aichi, Kai, I've cooked you guys some lunch!"

Shizuka called as she suddenly entered the room with a plate of grilled cheese. The cyan haired bother smiled sweetly as she placed the plate I'm front of the two boys.

"Thanks"

Both teens replied as the cyan haired mother walked out the door, however not before pausing to speak.

"You're welcome boys, I'm sorry for interrupting you guys"

A blush crept upon the younger boys face as he swiftly moved away from leaning against the brunette.

"Mom!"

The blue haired boy whined as his mother left the room. The brunette smirked at Aichi's embarrassment, he thought is was cute how he got embarrassed so easily.

"She's just teasing you Aichi"

The brunette said as he took one slice of grilled cheese off of the plate.

"I know... Though it still is embarrassing when my mom says things like that"

The smaller boy sighed.

Me: that's the end of the chapter

Aichi: aww

Me: well I have even less time to write now 'cause I'm using some of my 2 hours of Internet for research

Kai: why?

Me: because I need to not mess up on making a cardfight deck for a story

Aichi: but you said you'd never write a cardfight

Me: for myself it's not worth the trouble but for another person .... I'd actually research cardfight a for them

Kai: oh....

Me: anyway hope ya enjoyed the chapter