Chapter 28: Missed You?

Chapter 28 is here~ I don't own cardfight vangaurd at all~ anyway let the chapter start!

The brunette heard his alarm go off at 9:00AM, he quickly slapped the off button before getting up from his bed. He had no idea why he had set his alarm for that time until he remembered that today Aichi was going to go into surgery at noon.

The brunette prepared himself a quick breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast before changing out of his pyjamas and into his casual clothes.

He heard his cell phone ring and checked the ID number and sighed, tossing it away when he realized that it was just his annoying blond haired friend.

Kai looked at the clock, telling him that it had just turned 10 by the time that he left his house. The hospital was a ways away so the brunette decided to hop on a bus.

He just relaxed in his seat for a while before he felt the bus shift oddly underneath his feet, the brunette looked around confused only to see that the bus had suddenly come to a halt. Kai sighed in annoyance when he found out that the cause was that the engine had broken down.

He looked at the time to see that it was now 10:45, the brunette narrowed his jade eyes at the clock, feeling slightly worried that he might miss the blue haired boy before the doctor took him.

The brunette guessed that if he continued to wait for the bus that he would indeed arrive too late, he then walked off the bus, not too pleased with the inconvenience on the one day that he actually cared if he was late or not.

Kai looked around to catch his bearings, and took off running in the direction of the hospital, he was told around noon so he was worried that might include the hour of 11 as well.

"Aichi you okay?"

Shizuka asked as she watched her blue haired son looking slightly uneasy as they stood outside of the hospital. The small boy gave his mother a false smile so as to make her not worry about him.

"Yeah I'm just worried about whether or not my sight will return"

The blue haired boy didn't feel as if he were truly lying, he actually was nervous but not all of it was caused by his sight.

"You sure?"

The cyan haired mother pressed, she wondered if her son's friend's absence had anything to do with his unease.

"Yeah..."

A faint frown creased Shizuka's face, she had told the brunette what time he should arrive and didn't see any reason for him to not be here by now.

"I'm sure something delayed Kai"

At the sound of the brunette's name, Aichi perked up towards his mother, earning him a sad sympathetic smile from her.

"Uh yeah!"

Aichi laughed falsely, trying to cheer himself up. However the false cheer visibly began to wane as the minutes ticked by.

The cyan haired mother noticed her son shiver slightly at the cool breeze that had started blowing.

"You want to wait inside the hospital?"

The young boy shook his head at his mother's question, sure he was cold but the fresh air made him feel a little better.

"No I like it out here"

He whispered softly, before flinching slightly as a cool gust blew by. Shizuka sighed, guessing that she was most likely not going to be able get her son to wait inside.

After a while had passed, the blue haired boy looked around uneasily, hoping to pick up the footsteps of the brunette.

"Aichi, I'm ready to start working on you"

Shinko said, he was the blond haired doctor whom had worked on him when he had first gotten hurt. The small boy hesitantly nodded as he followed the doctor into the hospital.

The cyan haired mother was worried when she noticed the sad look upon her son's face.

Meanwhile the brunette was running out of breath, he checked the clock to see that it had already passed 11:30.

He did his best to pick up the pace, knowing that he had already promised Aichi that he would be there for him. However he stopped properly at each street, careful so as to not almost get hit by a car, the cause of Aichi's problems.

Kai breathed a sigh of relief when the white walls of the hospital came into view, he skidded to a halt in front of its doors and looked around, hoping to see the blue haired boy.

The brunette silently cursed to himself when he saw no sign of Aichi, he swiftly walked into the white building and straight to the reception desk.

"I'm looking for a Aichi Sendou, do you know where I could find him?"

The brunette asked, the receptionist knit his brows as he searched through the computer files.

"Ah he just came in not long ago, he's heading towards the operation room on the third floor"

The brunette said his thanks before hastily walking towards the elevator, the stairs would have been a quicker choice but he would have been too tired to run anymore.

When he exited the elevator, the brunette began searching the halls for the blue haired boy.

"Aichi!"

The blue haired boy froze when he heard the tired voice of the brunette, he turned around and smiled happily.

"Kai you almost didn't make it"

Aichi whispered softly as he listened to the arriving footsteps of the brunette.

"The bus broke down, sorry I'm late"

The brunette replied as he noticed that the two of them were standing right outside the operating room.

"It's fine now, anyway I need to go now"

The smaller boy said with a smile, Kai nodded in understanding as he watched the other boy follow the doctor into the room.

"It's a good thing you showed up Kai"

The brunette jumped and turned to see Shizuka with a thin smile on her face.

"I'm glad, now I just hope everything works put now...."

The teen sighed as he tiredly slumped against the wall and allowed himself to rest.

"You and me both Kai..."

The cyan haired mother whispered as she looked up towards the glowing operation light.

Me: that's the end of le chapter

Aichi: you made it...

Kai: thankfully

Aichi: I'm glad, thank you

Kai: it's nothing...

Me: anyway hope ya enjoyed the chapter~