Chapter 7 : Walking Home

Chapter 7 is here~ I don't own cardfight vangaurd at all, sadly Bushiroad does..... Anyway with no more delay let the chapter start~

The brunette felt slightly uncomfortable walking with the two siblings, with the eerie silence that overhung the three of them. He didn't like the awkward silence at all, it would have been fine of it was just him and the blue haired boy but with Emi there, the brunette didn't know how to start a conversation.

"So Kai, I hope you've thanked Aichi..."

The peach haired girl sighed after they had walked for a while, the brunette looked at her surprised. He hasn't expected Emi to say something like that, until he noticed the sadness that clouded her blue eyes.

"Emi! That's rude..."

Her older brother whined, it made the brunette a little happy that Aichi was defending him. Aichi on the other hand was a little sad that his sister had brought up such an unhappy topic.

"Sorry I just.... We all almost lost you..."

Tears began to fall down the peach haired girl's face as she remembered how scared she was when she had seen her very own brother get hit by a truck right in front of her own eyes.

The blue haired boy stopped his sister from walking then knelt down to embrace her in a caring hug, a warm smile crawled across his face.

"Don't worry Emi I'm right here, I promise to be more careful from now on... Please don't cry, instead you should be happy that nobody died. If you were on Kai's place, I would have done the same thing"

Aichi soothed as he patted his sister's back, the sight if Aichi acting like an older brother surprised the brunette, usually it was Emi taking care if him.

The peach haired girl sniffed a few times before wiping away her tears, she looked up towards the brunette and smiled apologetically towards him, blue eyes glistening with images tears.

"I'm sorry Kai... I didn't mean to be rude..."

The peach haired girl sounded extremely guilty, the brunette smiled at how similar the two siblings seemed to be.

"It's okay, If it makes you feel better I did thank him (more like apologized), I'll do what I can to help support Aichi from now on"

The brunette sighed as he helped the two siblings up, the blue haired boy smiled at this. However Emi just looked at him confused, Kai seemed to be acting out of character by helping them up.

"Kai what you just said... What made you change your mind about Aichi?.. Before you usually ignored him, it's not because he saved you is it?"

Kai flinched at the comment, his jade eyes flickered towards Aichi for a second before he returned his gaze back towards the peach haired girl. He couldn't think up an decent enough excuse that the young girl would easily accept. The blue haired boy sighed slightly then smiled towards Emi.

"Ah we're closer friends than before... Right Kai?"

The brunette nodded towards the blue haired boy's answer, he didn't mind Emi knowing about them because she probably wouldn't judge. However, he also knew that you could never be too carful as to who's listening in, the last thing the brunette wanted was someone finding out and using against Aichi.

"That's good..."

The peach haired girl confirmed with a smile as they continued to walk towards the Sendou resistance, the sun had begun to set a while ago so the skies were painted with a mesh of Scarlets and oranges.

The rest of the walk was filled with silence like before, however the aura around them seemed more comfortable to be in. Aichi had gradually slipped his hand from his little sister's and entwined it within the brunette's instead. Emi noticed this and raised a brow, however she didn't question her brothers actions, worried that it might scare the socially awkward brunette away.