Chapter 8 : Settling in

Chapter 8 is here~ it's late because I got a few new video games hehe..... Sorry >~< anyway I don't own cardfight vangaurd, Bushiroad does so let the chapter start!

The brunette felt slightly curious about the Sendou residence, he had never actually been inside of the blue haired boy's house so this seemed to be a good opportunity. He had also insisted on helping Shizuka cook supper in return for allowing him to stay over.

"That smells delicious, what are you guys cooking?"

Aichi asked as he was sitting at the table, he hadn't spoken up but he didn't trust himself to make it to his bedroom without any problems. So he had just decided to wait patiently downstairs at the kitchen table.

The brunette removed his intense focus from chopping onions and placed the knife on the cutting board before turning towards the blue haired boy.

"Curry and kimitchi soup"

The blue haired boy smiled at the answer as he remembered how delicious the brunette's curry was the last time he had it, he was also happy that they were having kimitchi soup as well.

"That's good! I can't wait for supper"

The cyan haired mother smiled as she stirred the soup, she was glad that her son seemed to be energetic around one of his friends.

"Aichi can you go get the timer from the living room?"

She asked, it was out of habit because she would usually ask Emi or the blue haired boy to fetch something while she was busy cooking so she wouldn't accidentally burn the food as she left.

The brunette raised a brow at hearing Shizuka's words, he turned slightly so that he could see the blue haired boy getting up uneasily and walk cautiously towards where he guessed the living room was.

"Did you forget that Aichi can't see?"

The brunette asked the cyan haired mother, it wasn't said rudely just curiously. Shizuka sighed sadly and shook her head.

"No, I want Aichi to get used to walking around with no sight little by little. It's best to start practicing at home because he should know this place the best"

The brunette nodded at her words, it actually made a little sense. He was also glad that Aichi's mother wasn't babying him too much. The two of them heard a small bang and the sound of Aichi sighing in slight annoyance. A few moments later said boy walked into the kitchen frowning as he passed the timer to his mother.

"Thanks, anyway what was that bang?"

Shizuka wasn't that worried about her son because he didn't seen to have any new injuries. The blue haired boy's sightless eyes narrowed.

"I knocked something down, I'm going to try to clean up now"

His mother nodded as she went back to cooking, the brunette smirked slightly at the thought of Aichi trying to clean up a mess that he couldn't even see. The timer was set to five minuets, Shizuka left the kimitchi soup to simmer so that she could check up on the blue haired boy.

She stifled a slight laugh when she saw Aichi blindly moving his hands across the floor in an attempt to pick up papers that he had knocked down, it seemed like he had managed to find all of them but one, which was right behind the boy.

"Aichi you've picked them all up"

The cyan haired mother lied, she didn't want her son to feel embarrassed that he had managed to find all but one piece. The blue haired boy shook his head.

"No, I heard more than six pieces of paper hit the floor, there's got to be at least one more"

Shizuka was surprised my Aichi's response, she didn't think he would have been able to tell how much paper had fallen down.

The timer went off and Shizuka picked up the last piece of paper before returning towards the kitchen to stir the soup. The blue haired boy sensed this and he followed his mother, then sat back at the table.

"Thanks for the help Kai"

Shizuka smiled as the curry and kimitchi soup were served at the table, the brunette nodded in acknowledgement towards her as he sat down next to Aichi. Emi came down the stairs to eat her own share of the supper after being called by her mother.

Everyone was eating happily until the brunette noticed that the blue haired boy hadn't eaten anything and was struggling with eating his own food. He sighed before quickly finishing off his own meal before the two girls.

The brunette guessed that the younger boy was worried about eating messily in front of others, he wrote his thoughts down on some paper and both girls nodded and finished their food like Kai had done.

"We're going to go watch some tv Aichi"

The peach haired girl said as she put her dishes in the sink to be washed later, the blue haired boy nodded and smiled at everyone as they left. Then, he began to eat more quickly, a little messily but not too messy that it was disgusting, more like if Kai had watched he would have thought that it was adorable.

The blue haired boy only managed to eat half of his meal before getting full, he didn't trust himself to put the dishes away so he just left them how they were.

The brunette found that he was more settled in the Sendou residence then he had initially thought that he would be. The house, had this calming and loving atmosphere around it, it also helped that everyone seemed to be mostly calm and kind.

The brunette thought that it was also strange that he didn't feel uneasy around Shizuka, he guessed that it was because of how caring she seemed to be around her children. He was brought away from his thoughts by a soft yawn, he looked over to see the blue haired boy sleepily walking into the living room to sit on the floor by the couch.

Aichi was rubbing his eyes adorably and Shizuka laughed lightly.

"Aichi if you're tired then go to sleep in your room"

The blue haired boy shook his head before stifling another yawn.

"I'm going to stay up because we have no bed for Kai"

The brunette sighed at Aichi's response, he knew more than anyone that the younger boy needed to rest properly.

"Aichi rest I can sleep in the couch"

The younger boy frowned at the brunette's words, he didn't like the idea of forcing a guest to sleep on the couch at all.

"Or you guys can sleep in Aichi's room, you're both guys so its okay"

The peach haired girl suggested with a smile, Aichi nodded happily at her words. Kai, sighed and nodded knowing that he could come out with no reasonable argument without revealing him and Aichi's relationship.

Me: hehe that's the end of the chapter~

Aichi: I got to eat delicious curry ~

Kai: it's just my curry...

Emi: it's delicious though!

Shizuka: true, I might need to learn the recipe from you one day

Kai: ....... I'd like to keep the recipe a secret

Aichi: hehe

Me: anyway hope you liked the chapter~