Chapter 9: Strong yet fragile

>~> here's le chapter... I guess I'm not aloud to laze about with my kitty any longer... I don't own cardfight vangaurd, it's really unfortunate that Bushiroad does....if I did... Aichi would still be the main character...

"Kai, Aichi's room is at the top of the stairs, you should help him get there"

The cyan haired mother smiled kindly as she motioned her hand towards the location of the stairs. The blue haired boy frowned and a faint blush crossed his face at his mother's words.

"Mom I'm not useless..."

The small boy pouted innocently, the brunette was tempted to laugh at him but decided not to. There was no way that he was going to laugh in front of strangers.

The brunette got up from the couch, Aichi reluctantly followed the older teen towards the stairs, using the sounds of footsteps as his guide.

The brunette felt impressed with the blue haired boy, even though he always seemed so frail and weak. He knew that in reality the smaller boy was stronger than most people, in heart that is.

After debating whether to climb in front or behind the smaller boy, the brunette decided that he would go behind. Ready to catch Aichi if he were to slip and fall.

Jade eyes narrowed as the brunette watched how tightly the railing was being gripped, one look at the smaller boy's face could tell anyone how uneasy he was.

"Aichi don't worry, I'll catch you if you fall"

The brunette felt his face go slightly warm at the cheesy lines he said, wishing that he could have said that in a less lame way. Aichi looked back and smiled thankfully towards the brunette.

"Thanks Kai, it's actually a little scary not being able to see..."

The brunette was surprised by the words that the smaller boy had whispered softly. He guessed that he had no way to tell how the smaller boy truly felt about his situation.

Sympathy resonated within the brunette as he watched the smaller boy slowly, yet carefully make his way up the stairs. Such a simple task, yet it filled the smaller boy with unease. The brunette hoped that one day, the blue haired boy would become more confident in his steps.

A sigh of relief was emitted from Aichi as he reached the top of the stairs, the brunette smirked. He felt slightly proud that the smaller boy seemed to be coping.

"I never realized how many stairs there were before today"

The blue haired boy laughed as the brunette opened the door to Aichi's room, he wasn't surprised to see that it was neat and tidy. The bed was made and the only thing that seemed a little messy was the few vangaurd cards that were scattered along a wooden desk. He had never thought the boy to be a messy person in the first place.

"Nice room"

The brunette complemented, wanting to keep the blue haired boy in his good mood. Aichi blushed, sightless eyes looked away from the source of sound.

"No, it probably could have been cleaner"

The brunette thought that the smaller boy's embarrassment was adorable, so innocent yet cute.

"No it's fine Aichi"

"Kai, you can sleep on the bed, I'll sleep on the floor tonight"

The brunette frowned at the smaller boy's words. Normally he would have been fine with this however, the smaller boy was injured and sleeping on the ground would do the boy more harm than good.

"No you're sleeping on the bed Aichi, you still need to heal"

Aichi pouted at Kai's words, he felt that it would be extremely rude to allow q guest to sleep on the floor.

"But you're a guest...."

The brunette's gaze softened as the blue haired boy lowered his head sadly, he knew that there was no way that he would be aloud to sleep on the floor.

"Why don't we share the bed? Plus the warmth would do you some good"

The brunette offered, he had noticed that the smaller boy had been shivering slightly for a while now. The blue haired boy looked up towards the sound of Kai's voice and smiled thankfully.

"Okay, I guess that's okay.."

In truth, Aichi was really glad to be able to share warmth with the brunette for he was starting to feel chilled to the bone. He really didn't like the way his body handled coolness now.

Me: There chapter 9 is finished...

Kai: it took long enough!

Me: >.> I've been busy!

Kai: with what?

Me: Junjou special... Gifts, reading, games....

Aichi: ......

Me: >.> don't worry my laziness is at a end now cause people told me to update...

Kai: .... It only takes an hour berry >.> so you better not get lazy again!

Me: anyway hope you enjoyed the chapter ^_^