Chapter 29: Operation

Chapter 29 is here!! Yus!!!! 5k views when I haven't even finished yet! Berry is so happy!!! Anyway I don't own cardfight vangaurd so let the chapter start!

The brunette paced back and forth throughout the halls near the blue haired boy's operating room. He couldn't stand having to stand still any longer to wait for the results of the small boy's operation.

Shizuka noticed the brunette's unease but didn't do anything to stop his pacing, she felt the exact same way as he did and was anxious to see her son.

Every time there was a beep the brunette paused in his pacing and looked over towards the white door that separated him from Aichi, hoping that it was the sound of the operation ending.

As time went by, Kai became more and more uneasy, knowing that every second made the small boy closer to sight or closer to despair depending on the outcome.

"Kai..."

The brunette looked over towards the cyan haired mother, curious as to why she had called his name.

"Yes?"

He replied, doing his best to not sound as impatient as he felt.

"You should rest and have something to eat, earlier you were so exhausted"

Shizuka replied, concerned for her son's friends health, knowing that Aichi would feel terrible if the brunette became too exhausted because of him.

"I'm pretty sure I'd throw up any food I try to consume with the way I feel right now."

The brunette sighed, he felt slightly queasy at even the thought of food.

"Yeah but you should at least try, for Aichi's sake as well?"

The brunette narrowed his jade eyes at Shizuka's words then shook his head in disagreement.

"No, I'll be fine"

The cyan haired mother sighed as she watched the brunette go back to his previous pacing routine.

After a few hours the brunette was starting to feel slightly worried, wondering if something went wrong and that was the reason why it was taking so long.

"Everything's probably fine Kai, working on the eyes is a very delicate procedure most likely, so the doctor is probably working slow so that he doesn't make a mistake"

The brunette looked at the cyan haired mother in confusion, wondering how she knew what he had been thinking.

"How-?"

"I'm a mother so I need to know how to read teenage boy emotions"

Shizuka replied with a kind smile as she patted the brunette lightly on the back.

Both of them jumped when the doors to the operation room slip open, the brunette looked eagerly as the doctor entered the hall.

"How's Aichi?"

The brunette asked, the blond asked the blond doctor, who in return smiled lightly at him.

"He's currently still asleep due to the medicine I put into him to knock him out, also about his eyes... We'll only know the results when they heal from the surgery"

Shinko replied, the brunette felt uneasy, he didn't like the idea of the small boy having to wait to see if the operation had actually worked or not.

"Thank you Shinko, I'm really thankful for you helping my son"

Shizuka replied, understanding that some things just can't be rushed.

"No problem, it was interesting working on his eyes, I saw damage that I hadn't initially seen when I first examined him, which probably had caused his loss of sight"

Shinko replied.

The brunette wanted to go check on the small boy, however he didn't think that he would be aloud into a sanitized operation room.

"When will Aichi wake up?"

The cyan haired mother asked, the doctor thought for a second before shrugging slightly.

"It took a lot of medicine to knock him out, so he could wake up at any second from now because I think he may have a resistance towards it for some reason."

Shizuka and the brunette both nodded at the doctor's response, it was reasonable and both hoped that it would be soon.

"So he had bandages over his eyes right?"

The blond doctor nodded at the brunette's question, he was used to being asked multiple questions after performing surgery on a patient.

"Yes, they're to cover his eyes until they heal properly. Though, I doubt he will need them for long, probably not even tomorrow because of how few incisions I actually needed to make"

"Only a few?"

Shizuka was surprised at there had only been a few incisions on her son's eyes.

"Yes..... I luckily found the problem right away, the sensors that sent signals to the brain were damaged so I repaired them so there is actually only one small exterior cut on each eye thankfully."

The brunette breathed a sigh of relief, glad that Aichi's sight loss was more simple than he had thought.

"Oh and another thing..... I took care of the boy's injuries, they seemed like someone had already taken care of them but I redid them professionally... There were more than the last time I saw him though...."

Shizuka raised a brow at the doctor's words while the brunette cast his gaze downward as he remembered what had caused them.

"Thanks, for also dealing with my son's other injuries"

The cyan haired mother replied softly before the three of them jumped at the sound of a crash coming from the operating room.

They all hurried into the room to see the blue haired boy crouched on the floor, seeming slightly confused.

"Aichi what are you doing?"

The brunette sighed, relieved that the smaller boy had just been slightly clumsy.

"I rolled over and fell..."

Aichi replied, feeling slightly embarrassed for falling off what he guessed was some kind of bed.

"Be more careful next time!"

Shizuka scolded softly as he gave her crouching son a hug, the boy blushed lightly at her attention.

"Sorry...."

The blue haired boy whispered as he pulled himself out of his mother's hug.

"Aichi be careful not to open any of your wounds, and don't remove the bandages from over your eyes until at least tomorrow"

Shinko sighed as he helped the boy stand up then went to pick up all the equipment that had been knocked down.

"Okay, anyway am I allowed to go home since it was only my eyes that were worked on?"

The brunette smirked at the younger boy's question, guessing that the boy wasn't overly fond of hospitals.

The blond doctor looked over Aichi before nodding.

"It would be fine because its nothing like if I had operated on your leg or something."

The smaller boy smiled slightly at the doctor's response then turned towards his mother.

"Yes I'll take you home Aichi"

The cyan haired mother replied with a small smile, glad that her son seemed like himself.

Me: that's the end of the chapter~

Aichi: I hope it turns out to be a full success

Me: or I could make it be a failure •~•

Kai: ....... You ....

Aichi: eh?....

Me: hehe •~• you never know for sure with le Berry

Kai: you better make Aichi see again!

Me: hehe.... Anyway, hope ya enjoyed the chapter!