epilogue

"Ma'am I swear I wrote the assignment. But I've forgotten it at home." Natasha sighed as she gave that girl a pointed look. It was just another day at work but the excuses were the same old. She was bored of hearing it again at this point.

"You know Anya... I've already passed the same stage as you guys. I am well aware of these lame excuses. I've been there, done that. But I won't encourage you all to play games with me." The girl flinched in fear having caught red-handed and bit her lips, searching for another excuse.

"Go back to your seat. I want your assignment to be submitted by this evening. Otherwise, forget about the internal marks. I'm not joking." Natasha added firmly making that girl widen her eyes in shock.

"Ma'am. Please no. I won't be able to do it that soon." Anya begged, but Natasha paid her no heed.

No one would believe that she was the same girl, who once couldn't grab the attention of her classmates in a very familiar scenario. Natasha felt nostalgic as she remembered how loud and annoying those people were and how Arsalaan has stepped in and helped her collect the assignments. And here she was, standing on the stage confidently, as an English professor asking for her student's assignments. 

Things have changed indeed. For good though.

"It was a three weeks old work. There was plenty of time given. Get back to your seat. Whoever didn't write the assignment will face the same consequences as Anya." She stared at the rest of the students pointedly as there was pin-drop silence in the class.

Natasha was an easy-going but serious lecturer. She loved teaching and explaining stuff. But when the work is not done as expected then the consequences won't be very nice. 

"Get back to your seat and you, miss black shawl out of my class. Right now." That girl got up at the first chance she got and left the class. 

Natasha sighed inwardly. Students these days are getting on her nerves every day. And there was her, who used to be such an obedient and respectful student. But she can't expect everyone to be the same anyway.

This was how her life went. Teaching all these grown-up brats and then going back home to her family. She loved her job but it gets too much at times. Just like today. Life was never easy though.

The boring day came to an end bringing a wide, excited smile on her face. She now had a reason to smile. Something very happy to look forward to.

With every step she took ahead, her smile only increased. Clutching her handbag tightly, she looked from left to right, searching for that familiar car. But the smile was replaced with a small scowl as she noticed the senior batch girls approach her husband.

Farhan was still handsome as ever. Dressed in a plain white shirt and black pants, he was ready to steal many hearts. But too bad he was only hers. She sighed dreamily whilst gawking at her handsome husband. It looked although he has aged backwards. No one would believe he's in his thirties. Maybe that was an exaggeration, but her husband was too hot to handle.

Her entire bad day remained forgotten as soon as she saw his face and a serene calmness hits her heart as she smiled at him brightly. She could totally kiss him up right now, if not for the crowd they had. 

Smiling back at her, "Hey, babe." Farhan took her pink handbag from her and held it in one hand, while his other hand goes to pull his wife for a small side hug. Sparks ran down her spine as the brief contact his body made with hers. That was the kind of effect Farhan Sheikh had on her even after eight years of marriage. 

The group of girls gawked at them curiously. A few of their eyes even held envy. Natasha just passed them a smug smile and interlocked her hands with his free hand.