four

A few months later.

"Submit your assignments everyone." Natasha hated how low her voice was sounding, in better words her classmates were rather louder than her. She frowned at no one in particular. Why the heck did the professor think that handing her this job would be nice? Class representative and She? Good joke. But the professor thought otherwise and so, here she was. Standing on the dais, yelling her lungs out and no one is even bothering to turn towards her. It wasn't like she can't do it. It's just her classmates, who are so uncooperative towards her.

"Ugh." she let out of a frustrated groan and heard a chuckle from her least favourite person. Everyone in this class is not her favourites, but this guy somehow tops the list for some weird reason.

"Looks like you need to be louder, Rehman." the snobbish boy of their class taunted her with a smirk.

"Not funny. I'm shouting like a crazy person and no one even bothers to turn here. Everyone is minding their own damn business. What am I, a joke?" she vented out angrily and the boy suddenly felt bad for her.

"Let me help you." the guy came forward with a genuine smile making Natasha stare at him wide-eyed. She really hoped that it wasn't any sick joke.

"GUYS!" his one word and everyone stopped their chattering, all of their attention now keen on them both.

"Submit your Commerce assignments." the guy announced and at once there were murmurs and whispers as everyone began to rummage through their bags and began to hand over the assignments to Natasha who had her mouth agape in shock.

Seriously?

"Shut your mouth. You might catch flies." the boy joked making her glare at him.

"That's such an old joke, Arsalaan."

"But it's so fitting, what can I do?" he laughed at her funny face and soon enough everyone has handed over the assignments. Natasha sighed in relief. She picked the huge pile of files in her hand and began to walk out of the classroom.

Arsalaan followed her quickly and stopped her in between.

"What?" she shot him another glare.

"I was trying to be nice." he raised his hands up whilst taking more than half the files from her hands, soon the glare turned into a smile, a genuine one at that.

"For once," she smirked at him as they walked to the staff room together. He laughed at that. Natasha never paid any attention before but he had such a great physique. Damn, what was wrong with her?

"Thank you so much. I didn't know that you can be nice too." she smiled at him as they came out of the staff room after submitting everything. He really did make her job a lot easy today and she would be a brat to not thank him.

"I was feeling sorry for you." Arsalaan honestly replied to her.

"Me too," she mumbled to herself and shook her head.

"Well, that's my cue to leave. Thanks again, Arsalaan Baig." he watched her disappearing figure with an amused smile on his face. Natasha Rehman has always intrigued him and for once Arsalaan was eager to know more about a person. Maybe these two years of MBA won't be so boring after all; he thought with a chuckle.

***

"Ammi... You promised me." Natasha whined at her mother, who glared at her.

"I know what I promised. We are sorry that we took a harsh decision and were ready to spoil your life once. But this guy is from a good family and he is not that old." Fathima Rehman explained to her daughter.