three

A week passed by and all Natasha ever did was to sleep and pass her time on Netflix. The thought of what is she going to do next was freaking her out, now that she has officially finished her graduation. The result is yet to come, but still. She had no adult in her life to guide her and she herself was just 20-years-old. Her widowed aunt knows nothing about education and Natasha was just glad that she's just letting her stay with her despite the stunt she has pulled on her supposed wedding day.

To this date, her teaching skills was paying off pretty well and she managed to live three years like that, by helping her aunt in some way possible. She taught her colony kids tuition every evening. But how much longer will she go like this? Having no direction in her life whatsoever.

After a long inner battle within herself, she moved her butt out of the bed and took a long and relaxing shower. After dressing up in a simple yellow Kurti and applying normal makeup, she smiles at her reflection in the mirror.

"You look great today, nats." with a giggle, she goes to pick her phone and took few selfies of herself, not wanting to waste her beautiful look. It's not every day that she feels good and looks good. Might as well save the moment.

"What next?" she huffed in boredom as she jumped back on the bed.

Haya hasn't called her for two days in a row and that was very odd about her, she'd call Natasha every day. She didn't call her because she has been binge-watching Netflix without a care in the world and did not realize the passing time. Panicking,  she dialled her best friend's number who picked after a long three rings. Usually, she'd lift within a single ring. Something was definitely wrong.

"Hello? Haya?"

"Natasha..." Haya's voice sounded like she has been crying for hours and it freaked her out instantly.

"Hey... have you been crying? Why is your voice cracking? Is everything okay there? You're scaring me, Haya? Answer me? Why are you silent? Talk something. Hey!"

"NATASHA REHMAN! Calm down. You're not letting me speak, how will I answer your questions." Haya snapped at her angrily, Natasha bit her lips and remained silent for letting her best friend talk.

"I-uh, met with a lady on our vacation here, she was very kind and seemed very nice. To my shock, she liked me so much that she has even sent a wedding proposal for me. The lady is good and all. But you know how my so-called family is, right? Ever since I've turned 21, they want me to get married. So that I can finally use my inheritance. Now that they have a proposal in hand, they want me to marry this guy at any cost." Haya vented out frustratingly. Natasha gasped at this news. She didn't know what to say as she remained speechless, her green eyes widened in shock.

"Ahil! That bastard. I don't know why did my sister ever marry him. He's threatening me that if I don't marry this guy, then he'd divorce my sister."

"My sister loves him so much, and Divorce will break her." 

"What a sick man!" Natasha finally managed to say something. She was too shocked to react something previously.

"Yes. Knowing him, I'm sure he'd do that." Haya muttered angrily.

"You're not going to marry someone just like that are you?"

"I care about my sister, even if she doesn't consider me as one. I really care for her. But I wouldn't risk my life just like that. That lady really looked so kind though, she seems to really like me." Haya confessed confusing Natasha yet again.

"I offered salat al-istikharah yesterday night and I got my answers."

"It was a yes then?" Natasha asked shockingly and heard her best friend hum in response.