nine

Natasha was looking lost in the class as the lecturer explained the business laws. That was one boring subject for sure, but nothing can be ever boring for Natasha for she finds something interesting in everything. But lately, she's not herself anymore.

"Nats." she snapped her head at that nickname, the name brings back a lot of old memories. Two certain people called her that, who are now made her life annoying, intentionally or unintentionally.

"Arsalaan. Don't call me that." She turned behind to face the person and tried to sound as polite as she can, but his expression told her that she wasn't really polite.

"I'm sorry, it's a touchy name," she mumbled softly with guilty eyes making him laugh at her.

"You're so cute," Arsalaan said whilst his best friend, Fahad chuckled at Natasha's funny expressions.

"Natasha Rahman, out of my class. Right now." the lectured barked at her angrily.

"Shame on you, how could you talk in between the class when you should be setting the example as a class representative?" Natasha could not care less about what that lecturer was saying, as she left the class almost as if waiting for that chance.

She did not know why did she even bother coming to the college today, considering it's just the first day of her married life. She thought that maybe coming to college would actually help her but that was probably the worst idea. The sudden ringtone of her phone startled her, shaking her head in disbelief she looked at the caller ID and was blank for a second.

"Hello?" they were talking on a phone call after such a long time. The last time when Farhan called, she did not pick it up. He called her right after her mother informed her about the sudden engagement of hers. She did that to just forget him for a while, and move on with her life. And also to take revenge for all the time he has ignored her calls months ago.

What she did not expect was to get engaged with him instead. And now she's married to him.

"Nats." his deep and husky voice takes her off guard as she hummed softly in response.

There's that nickname again.

"Can you take a leave or something? Your cousins are here at my place and your mom has called us both to your house." Farhan asked her nervously. She so did not expect that.

"Your place is too far away from here. I don't think that busses will be available now." Natasha replied with a frown. Why the hell did she come to the college anyway.

"Don't worry. I'm here at your college gate. You just come." Farhan sighed in relief as he heard her reply. He was starting to lose his mind thinking about all the scoldings which he could receive when his mother finds out about this.

"I'm coming," Natasha told in a hurry and hung up the call. She frowned at the phone as she kept it in and walked towards the college office. After taking permission from one of the staff, she walked out of the gate not before showing the permission slip to the watchman.

The frown on her face deepens as she saw a girl ogling at Farhan shamelessly. The sudden feeling of possession shook her mind as she walked towards his car. Clad in jeans and a blue coloured shirt, he looked just like a freaking model, handsome as always and he was her husband, ironically.

Never in a million years did she think that it'd be possible. Farhan being her husband was so out of the questions. But she has always wanted this. When she did get it, nothing feels right anymore.

"You are here." Farhan sighed as he sat in and watched her get into the passenger seat.

"Who all came?" she enquired the first thing as soon as he started the car.

"I don't remember their names but I think they came to call us for some post-wedding rituals or something," he replied unsure of his own answer but that was the only possibility.

"Oh."

Her college was surprisingly nearer to his boutique which is also farther from his apartment. He had a car to come here every day but the thought of her taking a bus didn't sit well with him.

"You could have told me that your college was this far," Farhan mumbled whilst continuing to drive.

"And then?" Natasha shot him a blank stare as she asked him that.

"I would give you a lift or something. Why are you being so distant, Nats? Please yaar. I miss my old friend." Farhan whined as they halted at the signal.

"I don't know if I should even laugh at this. You're being totally ridiculous. It was you, who has distanced yourself from me. I was supposed to be your best friend. Did you even check all those messages and calls I did to you months ago?" Natasha asked angrily.

He had no reply to that.

Suddenly her phone started to ring once again. As expected it was Arsalaan.

"I had an emergency, Arsalaan. Yes. I don't know. Yeah. Bye." she smiled lightly at the end as she hung up the call and saw a bewildered Farhan staring at her in a daze.

"You're sure that he's not the one you love?"

"Stop being so ridiculous." huffing angrily, she turned her head to the window.

"I mean why does he keep calling you all the time?"

"Your point being?" she gave him a pointed stare, not getting any reply to that she continued, "he's my friend. A friend who cares about my absence in college. A friend who worries about me."

"Oh. How close he is from becoming your best friend?" now it made sense to her. He is acting all jealous because she had someone else potentially replacing him as her best friend.

She did not if she should even laugh at this stupid guy, who happens to be her husband.

He had no reason to be jealous when her whole heart beats only for him. If only he knew.

"Very close," Natasha replied with a hidden smile on her face.

"You promised that only I will be your best friend," Farhan mumbled making her finally smile.

He can't possibly be serious. But it looked like he really was. And that made her smile. She couldn't even help it.

"You smiled," he exclaimed in surprise making Natasha shake her head.

"People change and so did you. I have another best friend now. Deal with it." his expression couldn't be any funnier. She wanted to stay mad not laugh at him.

"I was serious about the lift thing. I'll drop you every day." Farhan changed the subject as he started the car again.

"No need to take the trouble. I can manage." she did not want him to be so caring once again. She simply cannot deal with it. It'd be better if he remains stupid.

"It's no trouble, my boutique is closer to your college anyway and even if it isn't, I would have dropped you anyway. I'm your best friend after all." best friend. He considered her only that. Maybe they were better off only as friends.

"I want my best friend back, Nats. I'm sick of you acting cold and distant. I cannot stand it." Farhan mumbled sadly making her speechless for a moment.

"I missed you, you know?" she smiled sadly. He nodded his head with a knowing smile.

"I missed you too, so much actually."

"And I'm... Really very sorry. I will never ignore you again even if you want me to. Promise." She felt shivers down her spine as he held one of her hands. His mere touch had that power on her body.

"I don't break my promises." he smiled faintly at her.

That surely did change all the dimensions.