phase two : moving ahead

•••

•••

Natasha smiled at her mother, who was gushing about how beautiful and lovely she and Farhan looked as they walked in together. Her aunt, Amina with whom she has stayed the past three years with was emotional, who hugged her as soon as she stepped into the room

"Amina Chachi, I'm fine." Natasha smiled at the old woman, she has been taking such good care of her for three years and suddenly leaving her all alone has made her sad. She missed her already. But it is what life is. Unexpected things happen.

"I missed you." Amina kissed her forehead, lovingly.

"Your abbu wants to meet you and Farhan together, he was worried whether you were happy with this marriage or not." Fathima Rehman smiled sadly at her daughter, she knew it was because of her forcing that Natasha has agreed to marry. But what else could she do? The people were already talking very bad about her daughter because she has eloped during her first marriage and a rishtha like Farhan was hard to get type, so she was adamant about getting Natasha married. All she wanted was her daughter to be settled in life and be happy.

Natasha had no answer to that. Was she happy? She had no idea. Farhan acted like a douche but he did apologize later on, but she couldn't even describe how much it has hurt her to see those pictures in his room, which he still wanted to keep despite being married to her. And how did she sleep after seeing such a sight was beyond her, it was maybe the tiredness.

She wanted to hate him so much but her stupid heart could never do that.

Hating him was never possible to her. Even after everything.

And then he pulls acts like buying her this gorgeous dress and looks at her the way she always wanted him to look, even if it was only for a mere few seconds. It did affect her, she couldn't even lie.

Why was Farhan Sheikh hell-bent on playing with her poor heart?

Her phone rang; flashing the image of Farhan, she picked it up in confusion. He was in the living room with her relatives. They were literally a floor away, "hello?"

"Your mother in law wants to meet you, come downstairs," he whispered in a low voice, she stared at the phone in disbelief as he hung up the call.

Her mother in law. That sounded oddly good.

"What happened?" Amina and Fathima asked a worried-looking Natasha. She looked nervous the moment Farhan mentioned his mother.

"Ameera auntie is here." Farhan's mother has intimidated her very much, she's a lovely woman but mothers-in-law are mothers-in-law. After seeing all the happenings in her families, Natasha couldn't help but be scared of how her mother-in-law is going to be. She didn't know her personally yet. But still, she was already scaring her.

Wrapping the shawl on her head, a very nervous Natasha walked downstairs; with a small smile playing on her lips. Ameera sat on the sofa along with her son in the living room and gushed about how cute and beautiful her daughter-in-law looked.