twenty three

The car came to a halt and Natasha grew more nervous than she already was. She didn't realize when did Farhan came out of the car or when did he open the door for her, she gave her hands to him with a tint of a shy smile. She could smell his chocolate cologne as she got down, the blush on her face deepened as she recollected the kiss for the nth time that night.

Only they both knew how difficult the rest of the ride was. She was blushing continuously throughout the ride, while he cursed the fact that they were in the car. He wanted to kiss her more. No jokes.

Farhan had a knowing smile on his face as he leaned in towards her ears, "you might want to stop blushing too much or I will kiss you again." her eyes went wide at his comment. When did he become so blunt and flirtatious?

"Let's go?" intertwining his fingers with hers he asked her with a cheesy smile, she nodded her head with another shy smile. What the hell is wrong with her face?

Farhan has such an impact on her and felt glad about that for some weird reasons. Grinning like fools, they both walked into the Sheikh mansion hand in hand. Parties conducted by his father were not his favourites, especially the ones which includes the get together of the ministers and the election party members. But today he had to come because of his mother.

Imran Sheikh never wanted his son in one of these parties, the fact that he needed his presence very badly said something. Farhan was eager to find out his father's intentions and was damn sure that it is up to no good.

"Wow, that's a lot of people." Natasha finally spoke, the blush on her face was replaced with a nervous look again. Farhan just nodded in assurance, telling I'm-here-with-you kind of look. Which was the only thing that kept her calm.

"We will say salaam to Ammi and leave in like half an hour?" Farhan smiled encouragingly, he could see the nervousness all over her face and he didn't like it one bit.

"Yes, please. I don't like it here, I'm sorry. But I don't have a good feeling about this party." Natasha mumbled honestly. Ever since she has stepped in here, her heart was beating way too fast and she didn't get any good vibes.

"I see ammi." Farhan grinned at his mother, who was talking with the other minister's wives and smiled widely when she saw her son.

"Assalamualaikum, Ammi." Natasha and Farhan greeted her together, who greeted them back with a warm smile, "Wa Alaikum salaam. I was waiting for you both." Ameera frowned at her son whilst excusing herself from the other ladies.

"You know about the traffics and still say that Ammi." Farhan and Natasha followed Ameera, who took them into an empty room, "how are you both? When was the last time you called me, Farhan?" pulling Natasha to sit beside her, she shot her son a glare, who raised his brows in confusion. Why was she all grumpy and moody today?

"Did you eat your medicines, Ammi?" Natasha had a smug smile on her face as she glanced at her mother in law and then at her husband.

"What medicines?" Farhan sat below his knees and held his mother's hand, who took it back with a frown, "don't talk with me. Unlike you, my daughter in law keeps a tab on me and my health."

"What happened to your health and why didn't you say anything to me?" Farhan asked accusingly as he eyed Natasha, who still had that smug smile on.

"Don't look at her like that, it was me who asked her not to tell you. Did you even remember me? But my daughter in law did. She texts me every day and calls me as well." Ameera kissed Natasha's hands, who smiled at her mother in law. She was too terrified of this woman in the start but later on, came to know how sweet and down to earth she really was and instantly fell in love with her.