twenty four

Two days. It's been two days since that incident. What was supposed to be a very beautiful night turned out to be the crappiest of all and Farhan had no one but his father to blame. He parked in front of the Rehman villa and locked his car whilst taking long-deep breaths.

You got this! Mumbling to himself, he nervously walked into the porch and rang their doorbell. A small girl of around sixteen years opened it for him. Flashing her a warm smile, he looked behind her. Hoping to get a glimpse of her. But as far as his eyes could go, he only saw her mother. Who was surprised to see him, "Assalam Alaikum, Farhan beta. Come inside."

"Walaikum Assalam."

Giving her a small smile, he came in and handed her the sweet box which he brought as a formality," there's no need for this." his mother in law shook her head politely whilst taking the sweet box and ushers him to sit on the sofa.

" How is uncle, auntie?" Farhan asked while his eyes roamed around the living room hoping to see her, but was distracted by his mother in law again," he is okay. He'd be glad to see you here, he just slept but I can wake him up if you want."

He shook his head in no, "of course not! Let him rest." Fathima smiled in return and called out the maid, "prepare tea for the guest and inform Natasha to come downstairs."

Farhan's head snapped at that, as he glanced at the way of the maid. Fathima had a sad smile on her face, "she's been awful in these two days."

"I am sorry." he replied genuinely, who shook her head, "fights are common in marriages, Farhan beta. How you work it out is what matters. It's alright."

Scratching his chin nervously, Farhan asked, "can I go and meet her?" His mother in law smiled at him knowingly, "of course you can. You know where her room is right?" he nodded in positive, eagerly.

"I know." grinning happily Farhan sprinted upstairs. Hoping for solving everything and taking her back home. At any cost. Willingly or unwillingly. He won't go back without her today, that's what he vowed to himself and was determined to take her back with him.

Farhan's heart was thumping at an uneven rate as he took slow steps towards her room, but was stopped abruptly as he heard her talking with someone.

"He shouldn't know that, Fawad." Natasha rolled her eyes, who gave her an amused look.

"Are you going to hide it forever or what?" Fawad, her cousin asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I am. It took me a lot of courage to tell you and no. I'm not going to tell him. It's going to be a secret between us. Only us." Natasha huffed, whilst looking at herself in the mirror. She has been nervous ever since the maid told her about her husband's sudden arrival and wanted to look her best as she'd go and meet him.

"Don't you think he should be knowing about the love of your life? He has all rights to know." Fawad raised his brows at her. She only shrugged in response, "you're impossible." he mouthed to her in disbelief.

"I know." Natasha grinned slightly but the grin disappears as soon as she saw Farhan at her door's entrance through the mirror, "what are you doing here?"

"Weren't you supposed to be downstairs?" she had the nerve to yell at him. Farhan was fuming in rage from inside. But he controlled himself.

"I thought I'd surprise you, but was surprised instead." stepping into her room as though he owned it, Farhan took a seat on her bed. Natasha had her mouth agape as she eyed her cousin and then at her husband.

"I'll be downstairs." Fawad left the room to give the couple some privacy.

"Who is he?"

"My cousin," Natasha replied coldly whilst playing with the hem of her shawl. Farhan crossed his legs and folded his arms against his chest as he looked at her.