fifteen

Natasha was pacing back and forth in the living room as Farhan sat on the sofa comfortably and drew something innovative. Everywhere else was a mess and only the living room was somewhat clean and tidy. He tried hard to concentrate, but with Natasha pacing here and there, his mind was getting distracted. When she wouldn't stop walking, he closed his notepad with an inward sigh and got up from there. She was too lost in her thinking that she didn't even notice his presence which made her jump in surprise as he sneaked up from behind, Farhan then caught hold of her with a laugh. 

Damn, him. Even his laugh was so attractive. Her breath hitched as she felt his strong hands holding her, safely from behind. His hot breath fanned over her neck. She wanted to ignore those weird sensations forming in her stomach, but staying close to him would be no help.

Ugh! Stop driving me crazy...

She blinked her eyes twice whilst pulling back quickly, and then smiled sheepishly at him, as she tucked her silky hair behind her ears. 

"What happened?" dragging her to sit on the sofa, Farhan finally asked whilst taking a seat beside her. 

"I-I lost on a bet with my friends." Natasha bit her cheeks from inside with a frown, as if losing the bet was not enough embarrassing enough, admitting it to him was damaging her self esteem furthermore. 

"Wow?" he laughed at her whilst pulling her cheeks which she slapped away a bit too harshly this time. 

"You think it's funny?" she asked angrily. 

"Your face looks really funny." he pulled her cheeks again but she pouted this time. 

"I'm serious, I lost that stupid bet and now, I'm supposed to treat them all with dinner at my place, aka here." Natasha wasn't sure how would Farhan take this news. She was nervous about inviting those donkeys to their home. They're in the middle of packing everything and their apartment was a serious mess. 

"You're a great cook, so what's the big deal?" Farhan asked whilst furrowing his brows and she gave him a look.

"You don't mind me inviting them here?" Natasha asked with a surprise-filled voice as she stressed the word 'here'  

"What's wrong with this place?" he frowned at her question. 

"You're asking me that? Look at this place, I mean look at it. This is such a mess." She exclaimed dramatically whilst shaking his shoulders in the process. 

"Woah there. Calm down. If that's what bothers you so much, I'll help you clean it up while you cook?" Farhan suggested with a chuckle and she beamed at him in relief. 

"You'll do that for me? Really?" Natasha asked as though she couldn't believe her ears, he glared at her question whilst getting up from the sofa. 

"Wait, where are you going? Answer me first?" she tugged at his wrists, he turned to face her and smacked her head playfully and said, "I'm going to start cleaning the house, why are you still sitting? Go and start with your cooking."

"You're the best, Farhan." Jumping excitedly, she gave him a quick hug and ran from there, leaving behind a frozen Farhan. He was too shocked to react to anything. The way she felt pressed against him, as she hugged... it felt something so out of the world. But why the heck would he feel something like that? 

It was just a hug. 

Only just a hug. 

And why the hell was it affecting him so much? 

Shrugging his thoughts, Farhan went on to clean up the apartment and before he realized it, it was past seven already. The cleaning and all was also finally done as he crashed on his bed with a sigh. It was way too tiring. Draining out all of his energy.