twenty five

Farhan has always been passionate about fashion designing, the idea of his artworks being transformed into dresses has thrilled him like crazy. He has spent the last two years of his life dedicated to his work and what he is today, is because of pure hard work and dedication. He loved his job, every bit of it.

Maybe that's why being nominated as the best designer of the year meant a lot to him. It was a big achievement in itself. Winning or not is the other thing but being nominated among all those talented people, the second time in a row at his age, is a great deal to him. He is known for his pretty bridal collections and classy, elegant everyday Kurtis.

A wide grin appears on his face as he dialled Natasha's number, the first person he wanted to share this happy news with but was disturbed by a knock at his door, "come in." He muttered.

He worked on his main office today, where all the magic generally happens. He visits the boutiques once or twice a week, the rest of the days he'd work here, along with his other staffs who work hard on creating new and innovative designs which they'd later give a life to. He loved his job.

"Sir, you got some parcel. Congratulating you on being nominated for the designer of the year. Where shall I keep it?" the assistant asked him, to which he pointed on the table and the guy left as soon as he came.

"What parcel?" Natasha's curious voice came from the other side as he opened it slowly, "oh hey. What are you doing now?" Farhan asked whilst continuing to unwrap the parcel. He could hear giggles and noises from her side.

Natasha sighed before walking to a calmer place and replied, "my cousins decided to surprise me in advance for my birthday. And it's a mess here. These guys should have been monkeys."

She's turning twenty-two in two days. Both of them are excited about it.

Farhan chuckled at that, "I wanted to surprise you first. But it's okay, did you pack everything?" They were going on a long road trip, heading to nowhere in particular. Just wanted to spend some quality time together and enjoy her birthday adventurously.

Natasha yelled at her little cousins to not jump on the sofa and asked, "what parcel is that, Farhan?"

"This is from my friend, Sasha. She was congratulating me for being nominated as the best designer of the year once again." Farhan smiled widely as he saw a branded watch. He loved collecting watches and remembered saying about that to Sasha once.

"Oh, the supermodel friend?" she did not even catch the nomination part, all she heard was the name Sasha and her mind went blank. Those articles; which showed how close Farhan and that girl has been, of how they were dating began to haunt her.

Farhan hummed in amusement, "how'd you know her?"

"I read stuff." Natasha tried to be nonchalant but only she wasn't. Even if it was months ago, it still hurt her; recollecting those articles and pictures gave her a headache.

"Like?" Farhan was now more curious, he has seen bizarre articles being circulated online just because Sasha, being the famous supermodel that she is, became a little extra friendly with him and he wanted to know what among them did Natasha read.

"Like how you were her new boyfriend." She tried hard to hide the bitterness but failed terribly.

Farhan groaned from inside, "you know that's not true, right?" He hoped that she'd trust him.

Natasha was once again yelling at her cousins, "you come to the home, Farhan. We will talk later at night." Before he could speak anything else, she hung up the call.

He stared at the phone in disbelief. Did she or did she not trust him?

***