twelve

Cramps. They are the worst enemy of Natasha and it gets worse and worse with every passing month. This month was no less. And what's worse was; she not having her sanitary napkins. How in the world did that happen? You may ask. She forgot to get herself one whilst shifting her things here and she'd be foolish to expect one in Farhan's home and more foolish to forget what date on the month it was. 

"Ugh." she groaned in pain, also aware of the stain she has created on her bed, for the first time Natasha was glad that she and Farhan didn't share a room, yet. It still bugged her to date but today she was glad to be away from him. It saved her from such a big embarrassment. 

It has been three weeks since their marriage now. They were both busy, she with her assignments, classes, tests and him; with his boutique. They didn't get that much time to get along. 

But what bothered her more was, how on the earth is she going to get her sanitary pads? 

"Natasha? Are you okay in there?" she heard Farhan's voice from the other side of the door and became tensed. She didn't want him inside her room. No, not today. He never came in here till date, she preferred it that way. 

"What?" she asked in her irritated tone. Natasha gets equally cranky when on her periods. 

Farhan on the other hand frowned at her unpleasant response. He was worried because, she usually wakes up early and cooks both of their lunch and breakfast, which they will eat in silence and then he'd drop her off at college. It has been their routine for three continuous weeks.

But today the unusual thing happened and Natasha didn't come out of her room when it was way past her college time. He realized it only just now as he looked at the wall clock in the living room which was stuck at nine a.m. 

"Why aren't you ready? Aren't you getting late for your college?" he asked curiously if she didn't open the door in five minutes. Then he will. He has the keys and it was seriously odd of her to not come out of the room like this. He was very worried. 

"I'm taking leave, okay? Stop bothering me," she replied again, in her unusual irritated tone. 

"Why?" he asked and from inside Natasha felt like smacking his handsome face. What in the world was his problem? 

"None of your business, Farhan. Just go away," she replied, tiredly. Not in the mood for any argument so early in the morning. 

For few moments she didn't hear any reply which made her sigh inwardly. At least he left her alone or so she thought. 

What she didn't expect was the doorknob to twist on its own and the door pulled open from the other side, revealing a very handsome Farhan. She glared at him whilst making sure that her duvet has properly covered her. 

"How dare you?" she began to yell but words died deep down her throat as his warm hands came in contact with her forehead. What was he doing? She wondered in confusion, but that stupid shiver didn't fail to make its appearance with his every touch. 

"You don't have any temperature." he sounded relieved. Why does he care anyway? 

"I don't. Will you explain what in the world are you doing in my room?" she demanded him furiously. He looked taken aback at that tone. Her crankiness was something rare and it makes its appearance only on a certain period of time which he and Haya will always make fun of. The good old times came back to his mind and then suddenly realization hits upon him. 

"Oh. Now I get it." she raised her eyebrows in confusion. 

"You're in pain again, right? Do you need something?" he asked with concern and her eyes widened at that. How did know that was beyond her, but she certainly didn't appreciate him barging into her room like this and that too without her permission.