Chapter 1

Jeff and Mutt quit their jobs and I felt very lonely at my workplace, for I had no one to talk to, but I was happy for them, they finally had enough money not to depend on a boss or another company to pay for everything they needed.

They had insisted that I also quit, however, I was okay with working in a Call Center, if everything went well, in a year and five months I would be graduating from college, with honors if I didn't let anything decrease my grades again.

"She's a bitch, a rude one, I can't believe you thought with your pussy and not with your brain." Jeff was claiming me through the phone, worse than all the clients I've dealt with at work. "You're lucky that indeed she does an excellent job and surprised us, but I don't know, I would have preferred an adorable granny to pinch my cheeks."

I laughed out loud.

I expected those complaints, because from the first second, she was very rude to the person who was hiring her. I was still sorry for not having responded in the same way, because I hated those kinds of people that think they deserve everything... Oh! To whom I lied? Miss Venable deserved everything, she could degrade me as much as she wanted, as long as she looked at me with that penetrating gaze, I knew she had me on my knees.

"Come on, you have to admit she's super hot, and you'll get used to it soon, I hope." I replied, biting my lip.

"Yeah, I mean... she's all yours, she's not my type. But out of all the people you could like, you liked that wicked bitch? She is terrifying! I'm scared to even look at her in the eyes." He exclaimed. "Consider yourself lucky if you ever manage to touch her without her yelling at you."

I knew it, I knew that not in another life would I have a chance with her. Again I liked a completely unattainable person. But I did not care, I was satisfied with just looking at her, talking to her, even if she behaved so badly with me. I was happy she existed.

"I know, I hate myself for that too" I admitted, and I was already in front of the building where I worked, punctual as always. "Well, I have to leave you, I just came to work. Good luck dealing with that crazy woman, I love you." I said goodbye.

"I love you too." He hung up.

***

The last seven weeks were not interesting, I was completely exhausted, but I was used to it. I liked feeling exhausted, from my perspective, that meant I had done my best.

After removing my makeup and preparing everything I needed for the next day at college, I put on my pajamas and lay down on the bed. The advantage of not having Jeff and Mutt with me at work was that I could focus on my college homework in peace without being distracted by them.

It always felt like I had closed my eyes for a second, and the next second, my alarm went off.

I took a shower, chose my outfit of the day, put on my makeup and made my breakfast. After eating my breakfast, I brushed my teeth and drove to college. Nothing new, I've been doing the same thing since I had moved here, my life was completely monotonous, it felt like an endless loop, but eventually, it was all going to pay off. I was sure of it.

When Jeff and Mutt left, my new co-workers arrived, who were a bit bitter. Despite everything, I missed having my friends with me, it made me forget how heavy and annoying it was.

During my break time, I decided to go to the cafeteria that was a few blocks from the building, I was a regular customer and all the employees knew me already.

I needed coffee, I didn't like to depend so much on it, but I needed it to stay up until midnight.

Upon entering, I waited in line behind two people who luckily took a very short time to order.